August 3rd Game thread

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
And Steve, weren't we at a game early in the year where the bases were loaded and one out in the ninth against Detroit, Timo was at the plate, and struck out?

and i quote you: "f***in' Timo"

:lol:

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
...yet again, he doesn't get that opportunity if Harris doesn't get on base, and steal a base.

And Steve, weren't we at a game early in the year where the bases were loaded and one out in the ninth against Detroit, Timo was at the plate, and struck out?

See, I can remember specific instances, too.

That Timo AB was the most pissed I've been at an AB all season. All he had to do was hit a flyball, and he tried to hit a grand slam.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Screw who's better:  Willie or Timo.  I personally think both of them should have been off this team.  At least Timo has produced lately.  Willie was awful for far too long this season, and didn't seem to have a very positive attitude on the field.

Yep.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
I like Willie too! But, Timo has had his good moments, but Willie has more upside I think

What's this upside of Harris everyone mentions? He fails to hit the ball hard way too often, doesn't have the slightest clue how to protect the plate, and has no baseball instincts at all.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:53 AM)
Screw who's better:  Willie or Timo.  I personally think both of them should have been off this team.  At least Timo has produced lately.  Willie was awful for far too long this season, and didn't seem to have a very positive attitude on the field.

Oh come on, give me a f***ing break.

So, now you can tell what their mentality is, fathom? So, what's El Duque thinking tonight, huh? How about Crede? Or Blum?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)

So, now you can tell what their mentality is, fathom?  So, what's El Duque thinking tonight, huh?  How about Crede?  Or Blum?

What I saw in Willie was someone that when he started struggling on the field, he'd put his head down and would keep struggling. Don't forget that there are plenty of people that say he's not well liked off the field also.

I saw someone post earlier about how Paulie has gotten his avg close to his career avg and can pass it by the end of the season but thats not the problem.

The problem is that you want consistency from your team both hitting and pitching. We all know Crede ain't worth s*** when hes batting in the first half but in the second half he does pretty good.

My point is that I rather have someone hitting an even .250 the whole season than .200 in the first half and .270 in the second. I understand its hard to not slump through the whole long season but its how much you slump and how streaky you are.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:55 PM)

So, now you can tell what their mentality is, fathom?  So, what's El Duque thinking tonight, huh?  How about Crede?  Or Blum?

Really? Your defeding "It' my turn now!" Come on. We all knew Willie was pissed about Iguchi and that proved it. If he wanted the job so bad, he would have busted his butt and won it outright. GMAFB. He's gone now, get over it. Root for him in Charlotte....

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
that's not the point.

if your saying timo should be on this team because he got a game winning hit, then you have to say kelly deserved it last year.

But that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying just based on that alone he should be here over Willie, but he's done much more. He'd have much higher avg with RISP if every ball he hit in KC didn't line right at somebody.

Game winning HR against Minny this year.

Game tying hit against one of the best closers in the game with 2 outs.

He was the only one to hit in the Oakland series at home.

Is he great? No. But he has done a fine job as one of the pinch hitters off the bench.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
What I saw in Willie was someone that when he started struggling on the field, he'd put his head down and would keep struggling.  Don't forget that there are plenty of people that say he's not well liked off the field also.

I'd heard that since his family member/friend had passed, that he'd been pretty quiet.

So, Podsednik's 0-for-5 tonight. It's probably 'cause he had a negative attitude, right?

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:57 AM)
But that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying just based on that alone he should be here over Willie, but he's done much more. He'd have much higher avg with RISP if every ball he hit in KC didn't line right at somebody.

Game winning HR against Minny this year.

Game tying hit against one of the best closers in the game with 2 outs.

He was the only one to hit in the Oakland series at home.

... even though we scored like four runs after his homer...

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)
Is that the first time you agreed w/me all year?  BTW, think Mejia will be any good for DePaul this year (you can save that for a different thread some time).

LOL. Possibly.

And the previous post was meant towards everyone who second-guesses Ozzie after the fact and not just you.

Sammy needs to break out this year. It's his team.

I'm expecting an emergence and play similar to how Francisco Garcia played for Louisville, although not quite at that level just yet. That's my humble opinion.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
I'd heard that since his family member/friend had passed, that he'd been pretty quiet.

So, Podsednik's 0-for-5 tonight.  It's probably 'cause he had a negative attitude, right?

He's in a funk. Get off his back. We're losing. Wow. The world is over! Let's start Timo and Willie and Widge the rest of the year! :rolly