Is it just me or does the Score670 suck now?

Is anyone else fed up with the programming on the Score any more? Being in Springfield, that is the only Chicago station I can receive and I rely on it for talk and news about my Sox - especially now. Well, I am really frustrated with it because:

1) Half the friggin airtime is commercials. I will hear ten minutes of talk, then they have at least half a dozen commercials, then they will announce the station call letters and I think they will get back to the show. But no, it is yet more commercials. Even Mike North said he thought there were going to the "well" a little too often.

2) Cubs! I can understand this somewhat since there are more Cub fans then Sox fans (I am talking about quantity not quality!). Still, whenever there is a baseball call-in, 80% of it is Cubs discussion. I know, if I want Sox talk, I should call. Well, that will get the Cubs share down to 79%... All I ask is a station that is a haven for my team and my team alone. I wish the Sox had their own "KMOX" where it is all Sox all the time. I hate sharing!

3) Da Bears. Yes, I am a Bears fan, BUT ITS FREAKING AUGUST! I tune in on my way to and from work, and ever since training camp started, I haven't heard anything but Bear talk. I mean, the Sox are in the middle of a sacred season heading straight to the playoffs, and yet its apparently more important to hear about the consistency of Mike Brown's morning s*** log in training camp. I know, it is Bears first in Chicago, and I have to live with that. But I still don't like it :angry:

Okay my rant is over.

SFF

Edited by ltravisjr

QUOTE(ltravisjr @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 02:31 PM)
Da Bears.  Yes, I am a Bears fan, BUT ITS FREAKING AUGUST!  I tune in on my way to and from work, and ever since training camp started, I haven't heard anything but Bear talk.  I mean, the Sox are in the middle of a sacred season heading straight to the playoffs, and yet its apparently more important to hear about the consistency of Mike Brown's morning s*** log in training camp.  I know, it is Bears first in Chicago, and I have to live with that.  But I still don't like it :angry:

This is a Bears town. It is the beginning of August. I want Bears talk, I need Bears talk. Hell yeah I'm tuning into the Score every day, especially for B&B and Murph.

The Score is garbage and football talk in July/August is disgusting but you gotta live with it. The commercials are what drive me insane. Besides that, the Bears don't deserve any talk since they are a joke of an NFL franchise.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 06:09 PM)
The Score is garbage and football talk in July/August is disgusting but you gotta live with it. The commercials are what drive me insane. Besides that, the Bears don't deserve any talk since they are a joke of an NFL franchise.

:lolhitting

I hear you, man. The commercials drive me nuts as well.

Football talk in late July/early August doesn't bother me, though. The first preseason game is less than a week away, and football talk is going to get the most ratings right now IMO. Are you a Bears fan? You don't think that they deserve any talk? You're not excited about that defense despite the lack of depth at CB and LB?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)

I hear you, man.  The commercials drive me nuts as well.

Football talk in late July/early August doesn't bother me, though.  The first preseason game is less than a week away, and football talk is going to get the most ratings right now IMO.  Are you a Bears fan?  You don't think that they deserve any talk?  You're not excited about that defense despite the lack of depth at CB and LB?

I'm a Bears fan, and frankly I'm not all psyched up for football yet. I am however a bigger Sox and NU fan, which probably is the reason. I will admit that I am already getting antsy about college football, but I think that has as much to do with our spectacular tailgating as the season. Also, I do have a couple of fantasy football teams already, but that's another story entirely. I've gotten used to football in the summer because it is the most popular sport in the country by far. The constant Cub talk does get to me though. One would think that there wasn't a team on the other side of town with a massive division lead, since all I hear is how the Cubs are only 3 1/2 out in the wildcard (people always fail to point out how many teams they're behind).

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 01:34 PM)

I hear you, man.  The commercials drive me nuts as well.

Football talk in late July/early August doesn't bother me, though.  The first preseason game is less than a week away, and football talk is going to get the most ratings right now IMO.  Are you a Bears fan?  You don't think that they deserve any talk?  You're not excited about that defense despite the lack of depth at CB and LB?

I understand the football talk, like I said you gotta live with it if you don't like it. However, the TO story is definitely over the top.

As for the Bears, no, I'm not a Bears fan. I couldn't support a team that wouldn't put a winning product on the field. They may be decent this year, but to be honest I don't think they are as good as everyone around here hypes them to be. This generally speaking, a year to year thing, not necessarily this year. I'm sick of them being 4-6 and everyone talking playoffs.

I think that the guys at the Score pretty much feel like the Sox have the division wrapped up and there really isn't much new to say on the matter. I don't listen to the station much anymore but i know the week or two leading up to the trading deadline I was going to scream (as were a couple of the stations hosts) if they were asked one more time "Do you think the Sox should get another starting pitcher????" it was amusing hearing the hosts get frustrated answering the same sox questions.

Personally...i thought it was funny when the ratings came out the other day and the Score was getting their asses handed to them by WMVP. The Score is unbearable to listen to. I still haven't figured out what the hell "Fritzie" adds to North's show and the other day i went looking for sports news and i got 40 minutes of North and Fritzie talking about Jen Jen the Engine and how hot she looks. A couple of dirty old bastards do not a morning show make. Besides that....i don't think i've heard Anne Maxfield say anything intelligent relating to sports since she's been on.

juddling

Edited by juddling

Score has allways kind of sucked in my opinoin (except for O'B and Doug after Bears' games) North used to be good when he was part of the wise guys but now he is too involved in making love to George W and the Republicans. Bors and bruns are like one big inside joke that I dont get and Mac Jurko harry is much better than mulligan and buffone

I miss the good old days of the score. I used to listen all the time. Some of my favorite shows that aren't there anymore are Jiggetts/North, whichever show MacNeil was on, and Murph and Fred. Now I almost never listen, only occasionally catching Boers and Bernstein or Murph. North is absolutely unbearable, and the afternoon show is just weak.

• 4 weeks later...

All I know is that listening to Mike North is like nails on a chalkboard. I cannot believe that he is so popular and he heads their morning show.

B&B and Lawrence Holmes are good enough reason...

really if you work it right, there is a full day of scheduling to listen to

ESPN 1000 - Mike & Mike in the morning (until 9)

Silvy and Carmen until 10

SCORE - Boers and Bernstein 10-2

Mully and Buffone until 3 (this gives you your days Bears fill)

ESPN 1000 - Mac, Jurko, and Harry 3-Sox game

this usually works very well, mixes up the discussion, and keeps me happpy all day!

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
All I know is that listening to Mike North is like nails on a chalkboard.  I cannot believe that he is so popular and he heads their morning show.

this usually works very well, mixes up the discussion, and keeps me happpy all day!

That's exactly how I would do it, if I could listen to the radio at work. Mike North is fine when he's talking about sports, but I stopped listening to him when he joined the George W. Bush Asslicking Society (to borrow a B&B phrase).

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 28, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
All I know is that listening to Mike North is like nails on a chalkboard.  I cannot believe that he is so popular and he heads their morning show.

that is how i work the dial during the day too, but B&B are moving to 2-6pm next week. it's gonna screw up everything.