- 08-04-05 - Jays @ Sox -

redandwhite

• Replies 789
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
They may not want to do it, but if Everett gets hurt they might decide that's their best option.

Who else do we have that they could call up if Everett truly is down? Borchard?

Gload. Put PK at DH, GLoad at 1B.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Gload.

Supposedly Gload still can't play the OF, I don't think they would short themselves that much in the OF. I am guessing it will be Borchard. Its funny with the guys who wanted Carl out of the line up... Becareful what you wish for, as you just might get it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:16 PM)
Supposedly Gload still can't play the OF, I don't think they would short themselves that much in the OF.  I am guessing it will be Borchard.  Its funny with the guys who wanted Carl out of the line up... Becareful what you wish for, as you just might get it.

You know what, Carl's not the ideal 3 hitter but he's still a damn good hitter and the best clutch hitter we have and I don't give a s*** what his ops is. This lineup gets hurt tremendously if Carl is out for an extended period of time.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
You know what, Carl's not the ideal 3 hitter but he's still a damn good hitter and the best clutch hitter we have and I don't give a s*** what his ops is.  This lineup gets hurt tremendously if Carl is out for an extended period of time.

Unless, of course, we get Griffey... :rolly

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
For all of you adults out there, would you be pissed if your child got a speeding ticket?

Get a radar detector, it has worked wonders for me. :)

Edited by Rowand44

Pitch 1 - Ball

Pitch 2 - Swinging Strike

Pitch 3 - Ball

Pitch 4 - Called Strike

Pitch 5 - Ball

Pitch 6 - Foul

Pitch 7 - In play, out(s) recorded

Chris Widger grounds out, shortstop Russ Adams to first baseman Eric Hinske.

this guy is a very predictable pitcher, same style to every batter so far.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 03:20 PM)
Yeah we'll have to do this.  Gload is better defensively at first than Konerko and there is not really any other choice.  I dont want Borchard up here and Anderson will not be ready.

Then we have 4 only OFers on the roster. That won't happen. With Willie not here, and Gload not able to play the OF the only other guy who can is Timo. Gload would not be the call up. Period. And whoever is called up will not be starting, it will be Timo Perez.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 4, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Then we have 4 only OFers on the roster.  That won't happen. With Willie not here, and Gload not able to play the OF the only other guy who can is Timo.  Gload would not be the call up.  Period.  And whoever is called up will not be starting, it will be Timo Perez.

It's been said Blum can play the outfield.