- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
We faced 3 good Oakland pitchers. Three good Detroit pitchers. A couple of deceent Toronto pitchers.

Listen. We've scored 5 or more runs at home in 10 of our last 15 home games. THAT IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE SLUMP. We just havne't been winning all the close games. It's just a little team slump, and in between, we've played great at home.

I should specify that I want our home play to improve. We scored a bunch in Baltimore, but something goes wrong at home for some reason.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
We faced 3 good Oakland pitchers. Three good Detroit pitchers. A couple of deceent Toronto pitchers.

Listen. We've scored 5 or more runs at home in 10 of our last 15 home games. THAT IS NOT AN OFFENSIVE SLUMP. We just havne't been winning all the close games. It's just a little team slump, and in between, we've played great at home.

Those Toronto pitchers we faced were brutal (I think even Rowand44 would say that). We've been losing to a lot of pitchers that we should be hitting harder than we have. Saarloos and Haren aren't exactly studs for Oakland.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
At home, not on the road. Sweeping two 4 game sets at Cleveland and Baltimore is not easy no matter how you slice it. This team has just sucked at home for the last 2 months, plain and simple! You can analyze it anyway you want, but it's definitely not good.

BTW, I was being sarcastic. I don't think this is a slump at all for our offense. We have a lot of guys who don't get on base very much, and a lot of guys who aren't good line drive hitters. When the homers aren't flying out of the park....we're not scoring.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Those Toronto pitchers we faced were brutal (I think even Rowand44 would say that).  We've been losing to a lot of pitchers that we should be hitting harder than we have.  Saarloos and Haren aren't exactly studs for Oakland.

I wasn't talking to you. You b**** and whine about everything White Sox no matter what, so I'm not even going to bother anymore.

And just so you know, Towers has 8 wins. Either dominant or crappy, and Matt Bush has given up 3 runs or fewer in 9 of his last 10 starts.

Edited by jphat007

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)

You guys are crapping yourselves over nothing. We haven't had the right combination of offense and pitching at the same time at home over the past couple of weeks. Its a slump. Its only been 2 weeks worth of home games.

Joel had a 6.06 ERA entering this game with 19 GS, there is no reason why they only scored 2 runs. They get RISP but don't do ANYTHING with em. Their just not getting it done, no excuses.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:36 AM)
I wasn't talking to you. You b**** and whine about everything White Sox no matter what, so I'm not even going to bother anymore.

Why do you make everything personal? I've gone out of my way not to go off on you. Find me something I said tonight that doesn't make sense? Still think Sexson sucks, after he looks to have the game winning RBI tonight?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
Joel had a 6.06 ERA entering this game with 19 GS, there is no reason why they only scored 2 runs. They get RISP but don't do ANYTHING with em. Their just not getting it done, no excuses.

He hung pitch after pitch tonight. PK and Crede, especially, had great pitches to hit. We also hit into two DP that killed potential rallies.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
That was the best showing by Jenks over a 2 inning stretch.

Well, not always. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
Ugh, I don't like seeing Jenks go two innings right now.  He definitely doesn't seem to bounce back good when going out for the 2nd inning, in terms of maintaining his velocity.  I'd rather just have him be a one inning dominator right now.

Chill out. If you followed him at B-Ham at all, you'd know that he was doing it a ton down there. He's fine.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:36 PM)
BTW, I was being sarcastic.  I don't think this is a slump at all for our offense.  We have a lot of guys who don't get on base very much, and a lot of guys who aren't good line drive hitters.  When the homers aren't flying out of the park....we're not scoring.

I know. It is mind boggling that we have struggled to score consistently at home lately, in probably the best hitters park in the AL, and yet we have no problem on the road. :huh

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
Chill out.  If you followed him at B-Ham at all, you'd know that he was doing it a ton down there.  He's fine.

No, I know he did that frequently. I was just making an observation that in games where he went more than one inning, his stuff dropped drastically. It was great to see him maintain his stuff tonight. I wasn't b****ing, I promise!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Why do you make everything personal?  I've gone out of my way not to go off on you.  Find me something I said tonight that doesn't make sense?  Still think Sexson sucks, after he looks to have the game winning RBI tonight?

Where did I say Sexson sucks? You won't find it. 0 for 10 is not hot. .158 in last 7 games is NOT hot.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about wrt anything.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:39 AM)
Yah, that was only after he said Jenks shouldn't do two innings in a row.

And I gave me reason why. I would love to analyze every single comment you make....but I'd rather just let it go. I don't want this board to be about people fighting with each other, and that's why I never make anything personal. If you disagree w/me...fine.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
Where did I say Sexson sucks? You won't find it. 0 for 10 is not hot. .158 in last 7 games is NOT hot.

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about wrt anything.

I said Sexson was on fire, and you went out of your way to say how he was struggling. Now, you're really just trying to pick a fight.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
And I gave me reason why.  I would love to analyze every single comment you make....but I'd rather just let it go.  I don't want this board to be about people fighting with each other, and that's why I never make anything personal.  If you disagree w/me...fine.

That's because I don't spout off garbage and b**** after every at bat. If I did, I would expect someone to say somthing. None of this is personal. I'm just not going to sit here and let you throw out wrong info so you can b**** at the Sox.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
That's because I don't spout off garbage and b**** after every at bat. If I did, I would expect someone to say somthing. None of this is personal. I'm just not going to sit here and let you throw out wrong info so you can b**** at the Sox.

Again, I ask you to come up with something that I'm totally wrong about. I already admitted I was a homer off on the Sexson quote I made earlier. I might be pessimistic...but I know baseball as well as anyone on this board.

Our offense needs help! I know people were asking for a lot in return....but with Everett likely gimpy for a week or more, we can't stick with the lineup we have. You need to be able to score runs at the Cell...this isn't Chavez Ravine.