- 08-05-05 - Mariners @ Sox -

redandwhite

wow, that was a hard game to watch. As much as a week or two would suck without him, the Sox better be 100% sure Crazy is ready to come back, if that means DL, then he should be on it. Sox need to use the 14 game lead in this case. That offensive display tonight was sad. Not even Hawk and DJ were giving the old "He pitched a good game against us" excuse tonight.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another 6+ ERA pitcher who looks like Cy Young.

2 solo homers.

And we lose to one of the worst teams in the AL.

Its like the wayback machine back to 2000-2004 Chicago Whitesox.

I cant wait for this homestand to be over. So we can get back on to the road and play baseball again. Watching this softball team at home is sad.

The sox better start playing good baseball again. The last couple of WS champs, they were one of the hottest team in baseball going into the playoffs. Angels, Marlins and Bosox carried their hot streak into the October series.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
...horrible. That's all that needs to be said, this is pathetic.

I know I'm not supposed to be optimistic....but I am. We're still 13 games up now, and quite frankly....we're not a very good team currently. I'm nervous about playing against NYY and Boston next week, with the way they're swinging the bats. However, maybe the intensity of the games will bring out the best in our players.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
I know I'm not supposed to be optimistic....but I am.  We're still 13 games up now, and quite frankly....we're not a very good team currently.  I'm nervous about playing against NYY and Boston next week, with the way they're swinging the bats.  However, maybe the intensity of the games will bring out the best in our players.

At least were playing on the road. :headbang

This team needs its hunger back. Everyday, there's another story in the paper about how we need to rest our players for the postseason, etc. Lets just go out and show the rest of the AL why we had the best record all year! No more playing not to lose. We need to make things happen on the field.

QUOTE(Art Vandelay @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)
Boy, ain't that the truth. If that's not a testament of just how s***ty we've been at home, then I don't know what is.

Who would have ever of thought we'd be excited about going on the road to NYY and Boston? The only chance this team has of not making the playoffs is if we have a prolonged slump. We're playing good enough teams for the next few weeks that if we play bad, they will beat us. We're not facing bullpens of Tampa or KC anymore.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
Who would have ever of thought we'd be excited about going on the road to NYY and Boston?  The only chance this team has of not making the playoffs is if we have a prolonged slump.  We're playing good enough teams for the next few weeks that if we play bad, they will beat us.  We're not facing bullpens of Tampa or KC anymore.

Boston didn't "beat" us when we played bad against them at home two weeks ago.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 03:02 AM)
Boston didn't "beat" us when we played bad against them at home two weeks ago.

Are you serious? We played awful in two games against them, and they beat us. We could have easily swept that series. The awful defense in the first game, and just terrible hitting early in the Saturday game cost us the chance of a sweep.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:00 PM)
Who would have ever of thought we'd be excited about going on the road to NYY and Boston?  The only chance this team has of not making the playoffs is if we have a prolonged slump.  We're playing good enough teams for the next few weeks that if we play bad, they will beat us.  We're not facing bullpens of Tampa or KC anymore.

Well, the way I see it, better to get any offensive slump out of the system now. We don't need that crap come playoff time!