8/5 Games

DBAHO

Charlotte beat Durham 11-1. Good start for Dan's man Munoz, only giving up 1ER in 5IP but with 6BB's and 2K's. Baj's ERA now down to 1.11 after another inning of scoreless relief. Borch hit 2 HR's going 2 for 3 with a walk, now up to .262. Bikowski 2 for 3, Harris 3 for 5, no Anderson again.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...dubaaa_chraaa_1

B-Ham lost to Montogomery 6-1. Not good for Honel, giving up 6 in the 3rd, only pitching 4 innings, and giving up 7BB's and 2K's. Rogo homered, 2 hits for Gonzalez and Sweeney (which included a double), and Owens only had 1 hit tonight.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...biraax_monaax_1

Winston - Salem lost 6-4. Whisler with a good start by his standards this season, only giving up 4ER in 6.1IP, with 2BB's and 4K's. Castro gave up 2ER in 2.2IP to pick up the loss. Nanita and hall with 2 hits each, Valido went hitless, so did Schnur and the almighty Leo Daigle.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...frdafx_wswafx_1

Kanny beat Lexington 8-4. Richard Brooks finally made his Kanny debut giving up 4ER in 3IP with 3BB's and 1K. Bakker picked up the win pitching 5IP with 1BB and 7K's. Getz 1 for 3 with 2 walks, Brice 1 for 5, Lucy 1 for 4, Ricks (who was catching) 1 for 3 with a walk.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...kanafx_lexafx_1

Bristol won 9-0 over Johnson City. Cunningham 2 for 4 (he's ready), but the big news, Salvador Sanchez 4 for 5 with 2 doubles, 3 runs and 2 RBI's. He's back up to .248 now and was hitting in the #3 hole tonight. Williamson started didn't give up a run in 6.2IP with 2BB's and 6K's.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/mil...jcyrok_brirok_1

Great Falls losing 6-1 in the bottom of the 8th, with Nachreiner pitching. Francisco Hernandez homered for his 6th of the year.

Edited by DBAH0

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:45 PM)
Borchard is really helping his trade value now.  He might be getting regular playing time....for the Padres next week.

Didn't KW go down to visit the minors today IIRC? I just think they're going to give Borch 1 more chance in September.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 03:48 AM)
Didn't KW go down to visit the minors today IIRC? I just think they're going to give Borch 1 more chance in September.

I just think the Borchard for Burroughs trade makes a lot of sense. Both teams are pretty down on each player, and both teams have a need for the other.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 01:49 PM)
I just think the Borchard for Burroughs trade makes a lot of sense.  Both teams are pretty down on each player, and both teams have a need for the other.

I don't know if Burroughs is ever going to be much better than Joe Crede though, it all depends on whether or not he can hit for power, and at least get more doubles etc. at the Cell than he did at PETCO.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 03:50 AM)
BTW, just reporting what I heard from my brother, but he saw Borchard play in Durham on Monday.  He said that Borchard looked worse than ever, and swung through like 8 of 9 pitches against someone with mediocre stuff.

I find that hard to believe since recently he has been playing very well, maybe early in the season yeah but he has been doing pretty good lately.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
Well than whatevr he had a bad day but im still not going to judge him on one of his worse days lately and say he has been looking worse than ever.

All I'm saying is his brother was probably right when he said that Borchard sucked on MONDAY

Edited by GBlum27

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 04:16 AM)
Well than whatevr he had a bad day but im still not going to judge him on one of his worse days lately and say he has been looking worse than ever.

That Monday game was indeed the game he saw, and I'm just relaying what he told me. I didn't say that Borchard is worse than ever. Just said that when my brother saw him play, he couldn't believe how bad he looked.

Montgomery 6 Barons 1

W- Shields L- Honel

Kris had a hard time with command tonight mostly missing high. The Bullpen with 3 pitchers used was great BJ had a little struggle but at least it was because they were hitting him and not with command so he was able to get out of his own jams because he didn't walk people to go along with the hits. Pollok had a great 1-2-3 inning and so did Paulino Reynoso. Jerry Owens hit streak continues and Rogo was punishing the ball all night with a long homerun and one drilled to the wall in RF and one smoked off the pitcher. Andy Gonzalez had a pair of doubles and Ryan Sweeney had a 2 hit game and missed his first homer by 3 inches.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Montgomery 6  Barons 1

W- Shields L- Honel

Kris had a hard time with command tonight mostly missing high.  The Bullpen with 3 pitchers used was great BJ had a little struggle but at least it was because they were hitting him and not with command so he was able to get out of his own jams because he didn't walk people to go along with the hits.  Pollok had a great 1-2-3 inning and so did Paulino Reynoso.  Jerry Owens hit streak continues and Rogo was punishing the ball all night with a long homerun and one drilled to the wall in RF and one smoked off the pitcher.  Andy Gonzalez had a pair of doubles and Ryan Sweeney had a 2 hit game and missed his first homer by 3 inches.

Any change in Honel's velocity tonight Tom?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
Good start for Dan's man Munoz, only giving up 1ER in 5IP but with 6BB's and 2K's.

Whisler with a good start by his standards this season, only giving up 4ER in 6.1IP, with 2BB's and 4K's.

Gotta love that WHIP for Munoz tonight. :rolly

Meanwhile, Whisler was left in too long. I know, I know, here Dan goes stat chopping in order to make Whisler sound good. Still, if he doesn't go out for the 7th his line looks like this: 6 IP, 1 R, 4 K, 1 BB, 5 hits. I'll take that anyday of the week.

Great Falls lost 6-1. Hernandez went yard, going 2-3 on the night. Box Score

QUOTE(GBlum27 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 04:17 AM)
All I'm saying is his brother was probably right when he said that Borchard sucked on MONDAY

Then your brother does NOT know pitching, cause Seddon is the pitcher who shut Charlotte down on Monday, Rex got done earlier this week telling me how much he likes Seddon.

QUOTE(MnSoxFan @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
Then your brother does NOT know pitching, cause Seddon is the pitcher who shut Charlotte down on Monday, Rex got done earlier this week telling me how much he likes Seddon.

Missing my point.

Fathom said his brother said Borch looked bad monday.

101 said his brother was wrong cuz Borch is doing good.

I said that Borch wasn't good monday so fathom's brother was right.

QUOTE(MnSoxFan @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)

Haha! My brother f***ing works for the Durham Bulls, and has seen every home game Seddon has pitched. This superstar Seddon has a 6.10 ERA this season, with a WHIP over 1.67. He K's about 6 guys per 9 innings. My brother said that he's far and away the worst Bulls starter. No offense to Rex, who knows his stuff....but Seddon isn't a good pitcher.