Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
greasy, I feel bad for that dog in your avatar. And all other dogs who are dressed by their owners.

It's not mine. It's Google's Image results for the word "Colts."

So, you didn't hurt my feelings.

http://images.google.com/images?q=colts&sv...al&start=0&sa=N

QUOTE(THEWOOD @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:50 PM)
How can you dislike the Big Ten?  Especially Big Ten football?

Because I like the Big 12. There's really no other reason for me to have a Baylor avatar....:) It'll be changing to Peyton soon, though.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
boy what a bad football program that is.

Didn't used to be.

I'm pulling for Kansas State this weekend.

I absolutely despise how the Big Ten is on nearly every football channel on Saturday mornings.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
Didn't used to be.

I'm pulling for Kansas State this weekend.

I absolutely despise how the Big Ten is on nearly every football channel on Saturday mornings.

1. Do you know where you live?

2. Big Ten games eat up that 11:00 kickoff time.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
No it didn't.  Remember when Kansas State was a powerhouse program a couple years ago.

Um, yeah it did. They have been in 16 bowl games. A conference title as recently as 1994. They were a respectable team in the SWAC.

Yes I do on K-State. What is your point with that?

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
1. Do you know where you live?

2. Big Ten games eat up that 11:00 kickoff time.

I live in Ames, Iowa and NE Iowa. My dad was an ISU undergrad who loved it down here. There's no excuse for me to end up any other way.

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
All i meant was that you are in the midwest, which is big ten country...not necessarily big 12 country

95% of my town was Big 10 backers. 99% cheer for teams not named White Sox. I guess I break the mold.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Josh, Brian, I know hope springs eternal and all that jazz, and I realize Michigan has a solid chance of beating the Bucks on Saturday.  But the Spartans have about as much chance of beating PSU as I have being elected Pope.  The've quit on the season.

It's when you say things like that when those damn Spartans go out and score 35 in the first quarter.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Here's my random post of the day:

http://arizonastate.rivals.com/viewprospec...=1&pr_key=43614

That is the link to 3 star recruit and nationally ranked athlete Kyle Williams, who is heading to Arizona State on a football scholarship.

Yeah, the son of White Sox GM Kenny Williams.

I'm pretty sure that Ken Jr. was on scholarship at U of A for baseball. (outfield, I think) -- I tried to look it up, but the UoA website is crap.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
I'm pretty sure that Ken Jr. was on scholarship at U of A for baseball. (outfield, I think) -- I tried to look it up, but the UoA website is crap.

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's accurate, and I think he was actually a real good player for them too.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Josh, Brian, I know hope springs eternal and all that jazz, and I realize Michigan has a solid chance of beating the Bucks on Saturday.  But the Spartans have about as much chance of beating PSU as I have being elected Pope.  The've quit on the season.

They have the power of SUPERSTEVE behind them this week. They will come through!

QUOTE(Brian @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
They have the power of SUPERSTEVE behind them this week. They will come through!

here is a fact that will blow your mind from SI.

Michigan State is 9-1 against top-10 teams since 1997, a streak that began, eerily enough, when a 5-5 MSU team beat a 9-1 Penn State team 49-14.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Nov 15, 2005 -> 11:20 PM)
Looking at ESPN, I count two losses in 03 to top tennage.

November 1 No. 4 Michigan  L 27-20 7-2 (4-1)

November 8 at No. 6 Ohio State  L 33-23 7-3 (4-2)

The No. 4 and No. 6 are retroactive. That's what they finished at the end of the year (or at least that's what I'm assuming)

The statement Josh made is probably 100% accurate. They are 9-1 against the last 10 teams who were in the Top 10 when they played them. Normally a loss to MSU is enough to keep you out of the top 10 for the rest of the year.