Official College Football Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game by the Irish today, downing Tennessee 41-21. Tennessee made things interesting in the 3rd quarter, but ND rattled off 20 straight points to pull away.

NBC did a nice piece on Irish WR Jeff Samardzjia at halftime today. Samardzjia, whose mom died in his senior year of HS, is a big White Sox fan. He is also a top pitcher on the Irish baseball team, going 8-1 with a 3.89 ERA last year.

The piece showed Jeff and his dad briefly talking about the Sox and their WS win, while Jeff was wearing a Sox cap.

Thanks for all the good times Alvarez.

But, I hope they have a shotgun formation next year. Its pretty pathetic to watch a team that expects to win throwing the ball not even run 1 play out of the shotgun.

Pretty hard to watch, but what are you going to do. Rome was not built in a day.

SB

So, if ISU wins out and Mizzou loses to Kansas State or Baylor, and Colorado loses to Nebraska, ISU is in the Big 12 title game.

Or, we could have not lost 3 games in horrible fashion. That would have worked too. Bret Meyer, you still suck.

If anyone didn't know yet, Miami's swagger is back. It started with the 2nd half against UNC last week. UNC missed a wide open pass to go up 23-7 at halftime, then Miami completely dominates the 2nd half allowing only 18 total yards to UNC and continues on through VT. Moss is just nasty.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
If anyone didn't know yet, Miami's swagger is back. It started with the 2nd half against UNC last week. UNC missed a wide open pass to go up 23-7 at halftime, then Miami completely dominates the 2nd half allowing only 18 total yards to UNC and continues on through VT. Moss is just nasty.

The funny thing is, I watched a good chunk of that UNC/Miami game and for at least 2 quarters that was one of the worse/ugliest games I had seen all season. I figured they were going to get clobbered today, boy was I wrong.

I was right on UCLA getting there asses clocked. It was just a matter of time, but my guess is they will finish th season out of the rankings. Lots of upsets this week.

Great Notre Dame game, wish I got to see that halftime piece on Sam (I'm not even gonna try spelling the rest of it). Tenn got on a roll in the 3rd, but ND just came back and hammered them.

In my rankings, ND is #5 in the country behind USC, Texas, Alabama, and Miami

I actually think they could beat any of those teams but Texas (don't think they match up with them). ND is on there way to a BCS game, but now they just got to make sure they don't have any major let downs.

God I love Weiss.

Oh and USC absolutely destroyed Stanford in the 1st half. Damn near 400 yards of offense for USC and Leinart had 4 td's. Stanford's qb looks pretty solid though and god is he tough. Looking good in the 3rd quarter, not that they are going to make it close.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
In my rankings, ND is #5 in the country behind USC, Texas, Alabama, and Miami

LSU? Georgia? Florida State? Penn State? Virginia Tech?

Do not forget ND has 2 losses to all the above teams 1, and ND's signature win is the #22 team in the land.

While LSU beat Florida, FSU beat Miami, Penn State beat Wisconsin and Ohio State, VT beat BC and GT. So all those teams have less losses than ND and better signature wins.

Convince me a 2 loss teams deserves to be top 5 when they have only beaten one ranked team...please.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
LSU?  Georgia?  Florida State?  Penn State? Virginia Tech?

Do not forget ND has 2 losses to all the above teams 1, and ND's signature win is the #22 team in the land.

While LSU beat Florida, FSU beat Miami, Penn State beat Wisconsin and Ohio State, VT beat BC and GT.  So all those teams have less losses than ND and better signature wins.

Convince me a 2 loss teams deserves to be top 5 when they have only beaten one ranked team...please.

I didn't say they would be there. I just said they are the 5th best team in the country. By all means, ND at its highest would be 7 in the new polls and for sure 8.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
I didn't say they would be there.  I just said they are the 5th best team in the country.  By all means, ND at its highest would be 7 in the new polls and for sure 8.

So you think ND is better than Georgia, VTech, Penn State, Florida State, and LSU?

Eventhough I dislike ND, to be fair you have to discount the loss to USC.

If most of the other teams that you are asking about played USC, they would also have 2 losses.

That is just giving credit where it is due, and honestly I do not think PSU is that great. They beat Wisconsin, but even as bad as Wisconsin played PSU never could really finish and it was a home game for them.

There is a legitimate chance PSU will not beat MSU.

SB

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Nov 6, 2005 -> 05:36 PM)
So you think ND is better than Georgia, VTech, Penn State, Florida State, and LSU?

Georgia - yes (especially without DJ Shockley at 100%)

Va Tech - yes

Penn State - possibly

Florida St - yes

LSU - not sure, give me a week