6th August Game Thread - Sox vs. Mariners

DBAHO

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
Man,  Moyer has underrated stuff though our offense is not good right now but the guy has great endurance and stamina for a 40 year old.

Moyer is a guy who wants you to swing at garbage. He is around the strikezone. Our undisciplined offense with the low BA and low OBP doesnt fit well for success.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
See if Scotty can get something going.

To much pressure on Pods right now... everyone expects him to get on and score now.. damn offesne needs a jump start. Maybe time for Walker to go.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
Moyer is a guy who wants you to swing at garbage.  He is around the strikezone.  Our undisciplined offense with the low BA and low OBP doesnt fit well for success.

Exactly.

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
To much pressure on Pods right now... everyone expects him to get on and score now.. damn offesne needs a jump start. Maybe time for Walker to go.

When's the last time you saw a team with the best record in baseball fire a coach? I'd say Walker has more job security than any other hitting coach in baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)
When's the last time you saw a team with the best record in baseball fire a coach?  I'd say Walker has more job security than any other hitting coach in baseball.

I guess. with one of the worst hitting averages in MLB not to mention next to last in Slugging.

Edited by Soxpranos

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 06:06 PM)
When's the last time you saw a team with the best record in baseball fire a coach?  I'd say Walker has more job security than any other hitting coach in baseball.

Yeah no way he gets fired, unless we lose the next 20 game or so by scoring less than 2 runs per. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:06 PM)

Well we all like to talk about how bad the possible playoff opponents pitching staffs are and how our pitching staff will shut the other team down, and our guys will get all sorts of hits off bad playoff pitchers.

Yet we struggle to get hits against the mighty mariner pitching staff.

BTW THANK GOD FOR GOOCH. AT LEAST OUR 1-2 PUNCH CAN DO SOMETHING. GOD.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
but the guy has great endurance and stamina for a 40 year old.

He has too....have ya ever seen his wife?!?.....She's pretty hot!

I was talkin to this women out at Peoria Sports Complex one spring game a few years back...very hot...very nice. I had my son out there with me and we were out in the left field grass. I was talking to this woman for probably 10 minutes or so...pretty much fixated on how hot she was besides being really nice....and her kids where standing against the outfield fence. Then I heard her kids yelling..."Dad....Hey Dad...." to Jamie Moyer as he was getting his running in. I suddenly felt.......out of my league. Very nice lady though.....besides DAMN HOT! So yeah...probably a good reason for his stamina right there!!!