Rock Music Debate #4864

Texsox

As much as I loved Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, I'm going to go crazy on you and say Heart as the best female dou or group. My criteria is that the rest of the band could be interchangeable, tossed aside like yesterday's newspaper. Making a group like Fleetwood Mac inelligble. Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham are too important to the sound.

Solo artists need not apply.

#1 Heart

#2 Pat Benatar

#3 No Doubt

#4 Blondie

#5 Stevie Nicks

#6 Alanis Morisette

#7 The Go-Gos

#8 The Bangles

#9 Melissa Etheridge

#10 Lita Ford

Solo artists are just as improtant... they have bands.

Edited by knightni

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
As much as I loved Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, I'm going to go crazy on you and say Heart as the best female dou or group. My criteria is that the rest of the band could be interchangeable, tossed aside like yesterday's newspaper. Making a group like Fleetwood Mac inelligble. Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham are too important to the sound.

Solo artists need not apply.

So, there have to be at least 2 females as permanent members of the band, right?

I was more thinking of groups where guys had no influence or were interchangeable. Fleetwood Mac was as much Mick and Lindsay as the ladies. AFAIK, there were no guys as regular, contributing members of Heart. I was trying to come up with a "strictly female" band or duo.

If we are just talking female rockers than Pretenders, Fleetwood Mac, Benetar, would all be strong leaders.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
I actually enjoyed the movie. It had some really funny stuff in there. The music was also pretty dang good. Plus, Josie was pretty dang cute in that movie.  :wub:

Yeah, the 'your brain on drugs' commercial girl. She's a tall drink of water.

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
The Dixie Chicks.

I'll second that.

And the older I get the more I like Fleetwood Mac--so I would probably push those two along with Heart.

But the Dixie Chicks are the only current female group I would consider worthy.