What's the best sox game

SnB

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
When the Sox came back against Kerry Wood at the Cell and PK was riding the heat wave. 2nd favorite was AJ's walkoff.

June 28, 2002 was the game.

that is also my favorite game I have attended. 8-0 Cubs going into the 4th and the Sox come back to win 13-9. There were 6 runs scored in the 6th inning. That is the inning that Wood was chased from the game as he only went 5.1 innings.

Danny Wright started with Ginter getting the win. Joe Bo took the loss for the Cubs.

We used 7 pitchers in that game and the Cubs used 6.

Chicago 0 6 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 – 09 11 0

Chicago 0 0 0 1 3 6 0 3 x – 13 12 1

Probably one of the White Sox' biggest come from behind win!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 09:40 PM)

I wasn't at that game, but I remember it on TV. I also remember, Big Frank lifting Robin on his shoulders, like he weighed nothing.

Best games I was at:

The final game ever at Old Comiskey :crying

Carlos Lee's game-winning HR against the Cubs

Also, in 1993 when the Deacon had a GW hit against the Rangers to reduce their magic # to 1.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 10:30 PM)
July 2nd, 2003

Pauly was in one of the worst slumps you're ever gonna see and comes through with a game tying HR against Guardado in the 11th, it was Carl Everett and Roberto Alomar's first game with the Sox and Frank hit a walk off in the 12th off of Guardado. There may only of been 19,555 fans there but it sounded like 40,000.

^^^^^^^^

I've been to New Comiskey(I dont want to call it US Cellular Field) twice, once when I was 13 to see the Yankees and the first time was when I was either 6 or 7 and I was a big Nolan Ryan fan, like my ultimate role model, and my parents drove me up there to watch him pitch.

1. A 1983 game vs The Red Sox. Greg Luzinski hit a rooftop shot off of Oil Can Boyd. Baines and Fisk also homered in that game iirc.

2. The thumping the Sox put on the Cubs in the fisrt game of the series at the Cell this year. I was hoarse for 3 days.

3. A game agains the woeful Tigers in May 2003 after they had beat us the first 2 games of the series including a 1-0 loss by Garland. Carlos hit a slam, Konerko made a great play at first to save a run in extra innings and Crede hit a walk off to win it.

4. Not sure of the year, but Dick Allen hit one on a line the bounced off the brick wall in the back of the center field bullpen (440 feet) that bounced back onto the field. Hardest ball I've ever seen hit.

5. I was able to take my young sons to their olny visit to the old ballpark in Sept '90 vs the Royals. They got Jeff Montgomery's autograph, which thrilled the hell out of them and Bobby Thigpen broke the single season save record.

Not sure about the best, but hands down the funniest game I attended was a Blue Jays/White Sox game in 1991 or 1992. It was raining all game and David Cone was no-hitting us. Jays were up like 14-0 or something ridiculous like that. Most of the fans had left by the fifth. It was f***ing brutal weather out there.

Anyway, Pasqua comes up with one out in the fifth, doubles sharply into the gap. The remnants of the crowd boo and then most leave. I thought it was hilarious. I stuck around until the very end

1998 against the Cubs at Wrigley. This is the infamous game where Maggs hit the double into the ivy and got screwed. However, let me set the stage.

Tied, bottom of the 11th, potential winning run in scoring position (I don't remember which base) and only 1 out - Manuel has Matt Karchner intentionally walk TWO men to load the bases to face who else - Sammy Sosa. Karchner K's Sosa - all the Sox fans in the place go nuts, but there's still one more out to go, and the batter is Jeff Blauser. Karchner goes to 3-2 on Blauser and I was so tense I thought I would have a heart attack. Final pitch of the at-bat - a ball wins the game for the Scrubs - and Karchner throws the most picture-perfect strike I have ever seen. Right at the knees, inside corner, Blauser buckles and the ump yells "Steeerike Three!" It was simply perfect. Unbelievable.

Of course the next inning, Tony Castillo throws a meatball down the middle of the plate for Brant Brown who hits a home run to win the game for the Northsiders, but that memory of Karchner's two K's will last with me forever. It was probably that game that made the Cubs trade Jon Garland for him. The best game I have ever seen live.

First Sox (and MLB) game I ever went to was in early August 1997 at the Kingdome. I remember that A-Rod and Edgar were ejected and Robin hit a 3 run bomb off the facade of the centerfield upper deck. Sox won 5-2 or 5-3. Only game they've won in Seattle that I've been to in 7 attempts. I was at the Koch game last year.

My favorite was my first trip to Comiskey on July 2nd, 2000 when the White Sox swept the Red Sox. Frank homed, and Maggs hit two.

Last year I was at the C'mon Timo game, and that day was Fuji Photo Day, it was so f***ing cool being on the field and shaking everybody's hand.

The most excited I've ever been was probably the next night when Felix Diaz started against the Indians, giving up a warning track fly and two homers to the first 3 hitters. A couple innings later Broussard hit a Slam, putting us down 7-0. Then we had a six run inning, capped by Jose's 3 run shot, I don't think I've ever yelled so hard in my life. Jose secopnd homer of the night, a solo shot to make it 8-7, went off my damn finger tips and ended up with the guy across the aisle from me.

It's hard to rank them, but included would be the Ventura GS off Gossage, the Lee slam against the Cubs, the AJ homer in June against the Dodgers and a game in August 2003 against the Yanks at the Stadium where we lit up Roger Clemens on Roger Clemens night at the Stadium, ripping him for 9 runs in 4.2 after his Mom introduced him coming onto the field. Homers by Thomas, Konerko (2), Maggs (2) and Crede.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:03 PM)
For me it is a tie. 

The first game I do not remember what year it was 83-86 somewhere in there.  I was very young.  Sox were down by 2 in the ninth and Harold hit a 3-run roof-shot to win the game. 

The second is a little strange.  It was when I drove up to Minnesota to see the Sox clinch in 2000.  The game sucked so much ass.  The sox lost by a walk-off homer my Stewart I think it was.  But after the game all of the players gathered around us 500 fans or so and were spraying the fans the champainge and Pauly was ruuning around the bases with a beer in his hand.  That was fun as hell.

Was it against KC and off of Dan Quisenberry in the bottom of the 9th? If so I was at that game too. I still remember everyone chanting HAR-OLD as we exited the park. It was incredible.

QUOTE(rudylaw @ Aug 9, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
Thats the one.  I still get chills when I think about it.  HAR-OLD HAR-OLD HAR-OLD

That is definately one of the games I remember the most from my childhood. Another big one was Dave Steib no hitting the Sox through 8 innings, and then having Rudy Law, Bryan Little, and Harold Baines hit consecutive HRs to start the 9th and having the Sox almost come from a 6-0 deficit to win in the 9th, but falling just short.