Official game thread 8/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Where's all those people saying how great of a manager we have?

How is Konerko not running out of the box Ozzie's fault?

Yes, the lineup is 'the suck', but the players have done a real s***ty job of executing tonight.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)
Konerko with two HUGE baserunning gaffes on that play. Pulling his best Carlos Lee impression and stalling on the basepaths cost us an out and a valuable baserunner. Good job, you f***er.

I don't think PK thought that ball was gone. Rather, he was surprised that it stayed fair. I still don't have a clue why he stopped between the bases though.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Yah. No team ever has a stretch like this during the season, with injuries and slumps.

I understand teams going through slumps hitting and pitching. But this team has failed to execute lately.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
I guess he should have been chasing Paul around 1st, kicking his ass! :huh:

No....but this s*** has been going on for nearly 3 weeks now. The team has displayed just terrible fundamentals. How many base running errors and stupid infield gaffes can we have? If Ozzie is going to get ALL the credit for when we play well, he deserves to get blamed for when this team looks like a bunch of little leaguers.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:02 PM)
I understand teams going through slumps hitting and pitching. But this team has  failed to execute lately.

It's part of a slump. No team can execute 100% all the time every year, or they'd have 130 wins.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 15, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
Jesse Crain in = Rally Over.

Crain hangs curveballs with the best of them.

Not frequently-- obviously, with a sub 3 ERA; but when it happens it practically floats to homeplate.

And before I can complete this post the inning is over.

Crede should of dropped Mauer to his ass on that play for payback from last year. But he pussed out.

Konerko pulls a Carlos Lee and watches what he believes to be a homer and then gets thrown out trying to run to second.

This is shades of last years August series.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
Crede should of dropped Mauer to his ass on that play for payback from last year.  But he pussed out.

Konerko pulls a Carlos Lee and watches what he believes to be a homer and then gets thrown out trying to run to second. 

This is shades of last years August series.

Oh boy, you had to remind us of that? The ONLY chance the Twins have of even being a threat to the Sox the rest of this year is if they sweep us this series.

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:07 AM)
Wow...we should at least be tied without the Stewart catch, the Cora error, and the bad baserunning by Konerko... If they keep chipping away, hopefully they can get the lead.

Don't forget Dye not being able to throw out the runner at home on an easier play than Ford had. Like I said, this game should be like 6-2 White Sox.