Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
Oh well. We're still 11 games up and our first 4 game losing streak comes in mid August.

And the Twins have a ton of momentum, while our offense continues to absolutely struggle. I actually admire your optimism, but this Sox ship is sinking very, very slowly. The holes in the boat have opened up, and we need to do something to plug the holes.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
And the Twins have a ton of momentum, while our offense continues to absolutely struggle.  I actually admire your optimism, but this Sox ship is sinking very, very slowly.  The holes in the boat have opened up, and we need to do something to plug the holes.

Oh yah. We're definately sucking right now. There isn't any question about that. Our offense is awful. Still, we're gonna win the division. The Twins are still like 13 games out.

Adkins does not deserve to be here. Period. I dunno who was behind the call up, KW or Ozzie but what could they have seen in a guy struggling in AAA that warranted a call up? I'll give taking him over Baj b/c of the long reliever thing but over Diaz or Munoz? No way. Adkins didnt only lose this game for us. The fact that our offense only scored 4 runs in 14 innings is pathetic. But the bright side is our pen did a hell of a job. Its a shame Adkins had to ruin that. Now we get to seee Nathan in the bottom half, leaving our chance of pulling this game out at a minimum. I really cant understand why he was ever called up.

/rant

Oh well. We're still 11 games up and our first 4 game losing streak comes in mid August.

Good perspective. We're also banged up a bit.

I just don't like losing streaks including our home field. If we're gonna drop 8 in a row, do it on da road.

Good perspective. We're also banged up a bit.

I just don't like losing streaks including our home field. If we're gonna drop 8 in a row, do it on da road.

The thing is, Adkins can't even get out minor league hitters. I think many on here will get their wish, as Baj will be called up tonight and Adkins sent down in order to get a fresh arm with the club. Hey Hawk, shove the "where would he play" up your f***ing ass.

Great, Hawk's going to be b****ing about the umps for a week now. Adkins blows....when everyone knows he's going to allow runs before he even comes in, there's a big problem. Just cause KW made an awful trade with Oakland involving Durham, he doesn't have to keep him in the organization. See ya you fat piece of s***.