Official Game thread, 8/16/05

Balta1701

Ha...And now my losing streak stands at 7 :angry:

How late did you stay at the game? I was forcibly removed after the fourteenth inning by two friends who don't understand the importance of sox games over being physically able to function at work.

But I'm not too upset to have missed the Adkins Implosion in the 16th.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Ha...And now my losing streak stands at 7  :angry:

How late did you stay at the game? I was forcibly removed after the fourteenth inning by two friends who don't understand the importance of sox games over being physically able to function at work.

Stayed until the bitter end. Hell.. we figured we've been here this long might as well stick it out. And we all would have been pissed if they somehow came back and won it.

I was in the office on time this morning.. 4 minutes early actually. :lol:

I know that being the long relief guy doesnt mean you are the one of the best pitchers on the staff but Adkins is just brutal and should be sent down. I mean look at these facts: He's pitched 3.2 innings, 9 hits, 7 ER, and 3 BB. There's no reason to leave him on the team. I know we barely use him, but when we do we will come up with the loss. The only nice thing about him is he actually hasnt given up HR's yet.

The Sox are on the longest losing streak this season at 4 games which isnt bad for this late in the season, but we arent playing good right now, and there arent any indications that we wont get swept today.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 17, 2005 -> 08:33 AM)
Ha...And now my losing streak stands at 7  :angry:

Yup, we stayed the entire game. I wasn't leaving, i didn't care if the game went 30 innings. I even stayed when we gave up the 5 spot. Might as well finish it out.

I also made it to work on time today...and by work, i mean i was up by 11:00. Steff's a trooper :notworthy :cheers