Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
At least Womack has the ability to lay down a bunt or get the runner over.  Crede has been a disaster at trying to advance runners this season.

Okay, no need to even argue a point with you anymore. Womack has something like a .540 OPS, and is making about five times what Crede makes.

Like I said, I'm done talking about the topic with you, because saying you'd rather have Womack is plain stupidity.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:19 AM)
Okay, no need to even argue a point with you anymore.  Womack has something like a .540 OPS, and is making about five times what Crede makes.

Like I said, I'm done talking about the topic with you, because saying you'd rather have Womack is plain stupidity.

I never said I'd rather have Womack. I simply said that when he's struggling, there's no easier out in baseball than Joe Crede. That's all I'm saying!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:20 AM)
Griffey hitting .292 now with 29 HRs.  But where would we play him if he were on our team?  He just wouldn't be good enough to crack this lineup.

Yep, especially considering we have a RF who's been just brutal this month, and is known to get into monster slumps.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
No joke. Seems niether team has much energy.

Funny to hear some people on this board say things like "Ozzie won't let them get into a big slump" or "Ozzie will make sure they will play with energy". I beg to differ.