Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
They have 3 more runs than us in 3 more games.

And that's after having their offense slump like crazy the first half of the season. Now, their lineup is stacked with guys like Boone and Blake picking up their games. VMart has raised his batting average a crazy amount in the 2nd half, and Perralta is this year's Juan Uribe. Please tell me you wouldn't rather have the Sox offense than the Indians?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:37 AM)
Oh please, Garland's fine.  This is the offense's mess.

I'm more concerned with Garland and Buehrle's stuff lately than I am their results. Both of them haven't been very sharp with their stuff, and have left a hell of a lot of change-ups down the plate to be hit hard. But yes, this offense sucks. It's obvious to everyone.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 07:38 PM)
And that's after having their offense slump like crazy the first half of the season.  Now, their lineup is stacked with guys like Boone and Blake picking up their games.  VMart has raised his batting average a crazy amount in the 2nd half, and Perralta is this year's Juan Uribe.  Please tell me you wouldn't rather have the Sox offense than the Indians?

And our offense is slumping now just like theres slumped then, and their offense is playing a little bit better, like we did in june and july. And obviously I'd rather have their offense now because we are slumping.

THey still suck. THey got shut out by Tampa which qualifies you for automatic suckiness.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 07:42 PM)
Have the Sox hit a ball hard tonight?  I'm not trying to start s***, but I really can't remember the Sox hitting anything hard.

Have they hit anything hard over the last 4 games??, have they been hitting when it counts??

This team needs a bat, please KW get someone.

QUOTE(SouthSidein05 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
Have they hit anything hard over the last 4 games??, have they been hitting when it counts??

This team needs a bat, please KW get someone.

PK was hitting the ball hard. Look at our lineup tonight, and someone please make a logical argument on why we should even expect to have a chance to outscore them?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
Hawk, the reason Mussina has been pitching 1-1, 1-2 and Garland has been behind in the count is that the Yankees know how to work a pitcher!!!

They've hit one ball hard in the last 2 games. It sucks. I hate slumps. At least its been against pretty decent pitchers.

This has been f***ing brutal. Our guys don't have a f***ing clue at the plate. I don't understand how all of our guys can look so lost....god dammit. We really need to get Podsednik back...

ENOUGH OF THIS s***. SCORE SOME f***ING RUNS!!

CWSOX45

Twins just scored to tie their game.  Man, the last 10 days have just sucked.  The sad thing is, there doesn't seem much that can be done to spark this team.

The only thing that shakes up the team is a personnel move. Which they should do, even if it's swapping out one 12th pitcher for another.