Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Check the OBP for this team.  And look where it ranks in the AL, we are not a patient team.

We are a bung of swing monkeys.  The minute a pitch is remotely near the plate we are hacking.

No working the count, no taking a walk.

I understand that but damn don't you think after being in a rut and not really improving that they would some how adjust? It's depressing for gods sake.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Certainly not over any of those guys?  Lawton is just as good as Pods offensively, and especially when Dye is struggling, he'd be a perfect back-up.  Why can't Lawton be a DH?  Is there some rule saying he has to play the field?

Lawton is one of those guys who flies under the radar. His OBP is 1.00 higher than his BA at times.

I'd take him in a second.

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:41 AM)
Lawton is one of those guys who flies under the radar. His OBP is 1.00 higher than his BA at times.

I'd take him in a second.

He honestly would have been the perfect, logical fit for this team.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
He honestly would have been the perfect, logical fit for this team.

You don't trade for a Lawton to be a backup. And thats what he woulda been. You cant put him on the starting lineup of a team that has the best record in baseball.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:43 AM)
You don't trade for a Lawton to be a backup. And thats what he woulda been. You cant put him on the starting lineup of a team that has the best record in baseball.

You put him as the rover, with the idea in mind that Pods would be going on the DL. You can't put him in the starting lineup? Just cause we had the best record, it doesn't mean the offense is set. Sorry, I'll take Lawton, you can have Timo.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:44 PM)
You put him as the rover, with the idea in mind that Pods would be going on the DL.  You can't put him in the starting lineup?  Just cause we had the best record, it doesn't mean the offense is set.  Sorry, I'll take Lawton, you can have Timo.

But we didn't have a clue that Pods would be on the DL at that point. There was no reason to think so. Or that these guys would all slump at once. It's a slump. THis happens to every team at least once a year.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
Still timo haters and yet him and konerko have been the only ones not slumping lately.

I think the Timo hates are more pissed because of what Timo stands for right now: the Sox organization doing nothing to improve their offense. Timo shouldn't be leading off, no doubt about that. Might as well have Rowand try leading off. This lineup is going nowhere! It's fine, now we can hear how it's our first 6 game losing streak, and how remarkable that is.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:46 AM)
But we didn't have a clue that Pods would be on the DL at that point. There was no reason to think so. Or that these guys would all slump at once. It's a slump. THis happens to every team at least once a year.

Pods hurt himself before the ASB, and not for one second do I believe he really needed to go on the DL right now. We put him on the DL with the plan we could coast to the playoffs, and have him rested. Thus, we had to know 2 weeks ago we were placing him on the DL. Let me just say, I admire your optimism.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
Still timo haters and yet him and konerko have been the only ones not slumping lately.

With Timos brilliant hitting he has raised his August average to .192. with a .276OBP. Thats f***ing stellar.