Sox v. Yanks 8/19/05 Official Game Thread

bjm676

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:55 AM)
Come on guys, the biggest lead the Nationals had was like 5 games. We were at 14 or 15 at one point.

I think they mean more like the similarities between how the teams were playing. Nationals won a ton of very close, low scoring games. Once they stopped winning every close game, their record went to s***.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
If the Sox go down 1-2-3, I'll be depressed as hell.  Forget getting any sleep tonight.  Watching the Sox get shutout after the 1st inning every night is taking its toll on me.

We'd still be up 9.5 after the debacle of the last week. Things could be much, much, much worse.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
I'd much rather face Johnson than Wright. We can't hit right handers. and johnson sucks this year.

Any pitcher that goes against us is Cy Young.

Johnson Kd 10 Twins about 2 weeks ago.

We are free swinging guys who dont take pitches. Guess the K count.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
I think they mean more like the similarities between how the teams were playing.  Nationals won a ton of very close, low scoring games.  Once they stopped winning every close game, their record went to s***.

Their Pythag was always even. IIRC, we're like 80+.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
Jesus christ guys were in a 5 game most likely its going to be a 6 game losing streak look at all of the other teams longest losing streak 6 games is probaly the average everyteam goes through this point sometime in a 162 game season and b****ing on a message baord is not going to change that.

We're not allowed to vent? I thought this is where I'm supposed to come if I'm feeling a little bit frustrated with my team? You think my co-workers give a flying f*** what the Sox are doing?

If you don't want to read what we say, then don't read our posts.

The end.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)
You know what sucks? When you think you need a break from watching baseball because you can't take the frustration then you do it anyway... thats me.

Yep, now I will be pissed off until tomorrow. It feels like Groundhog Day!

I remember when I saw these games on the schedule (15 games vs MIN, NYY, and BOS). This would be the validation for the great start, and a test for the playoffs. The Sox are about to be 2-7 so far, and the best we can do now is go 7-7 if we win the next 5. I just don't see that happening.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
We'd still be up 9.5 after the debacle of the last week.  Things could be much, much, much worse.

Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much, Much,

worse.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
Jesus christ guys were in a 5 game most likely its going to be a 6 game losing streak look at all of the other teams longest losing streak 6 games is probaly the average everyteam goes through this point sometime in a 162 game season and b****ing on a message baord is not going to change that.

its just frustrating so close to the end of the year, everyone is afraid of the big let down like 2000. i htink everyone is starting to realize how much we played over our heads in the first half and are coming back to life. after such a long time atop, its hard to look around hte league and say that we might be the worst team thats gonna make the playoffs

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)

Neither is telling people not to b****. There's not a single positive that has happened in the last week, and things aren't going to get easier from here. We're not exactly looking sharp in these games.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
its just frustrating so close to the end of the year, everyone is afraid of the big let down like 2000. i htink everyone is starting to realize how much we played over our heads in the first half and are coming back to life. after such a long time atop, its hard to look around hte league and say that we might be the worst team thats gonna make the playoffs

Still we have a 9.5 game lead were 29 games over .500 look at the bright side of things.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 02:58 AM)

I think right now a lot of people are just worried about making the playoffs.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 08:57 PM)
We'd still be up 9.5 after the debacle of the last week.  Things could be much, much, much worse.

I'm usually optimistic but I can't help but think about the upcoming road trip and Pods not coming back until the next homestand... the 9.5 game lead could drop real fast.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
We're not allowed to vent? I thought this is where I'm supposed to come if I'm feeling a little bit frustrated with my team? You think my co-workers give a flying f*** what the Sox are doing?

If you don't want to read what we say, then don't read our posts.

The end.

CWSOX45

Well put.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 19, 2005 -> 09:56 PM)

Yeah, we all probably never expected this after the great start this team had. If we were a .500 team, people would still be upset, but wouldn't be as shocking. But none the less we gotta get a win anywhere, we're going down the same road Kansas City is right now.

QUOTE(SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 03:00 AM)
I'm usually optimistic but I can't help but think about the upcoming road trip and Pods not coming back until the next homestand... the 9.5 game lead could drop real fast.

Trust me, I've never been called optimistic. I think this team is sinking fast, and the PK injury would make it that much worse. If we're waiting for Pods to get back to rejuvenate this offense, we're f***ed. Pods in the lineup won't do s*** for our awful left side of the infield, as well as the struggling Dye.