Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

Ozzie Montana

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
None of it really matters when Santana faces us though. Cept for that one horrible game when he was hurt.

No kidding. I have absolutely no expectations of the Sox winning tonight. The only way you can beat Santana is if you pounce on his mistakes. However, the more we keep swinging early in the count, the less mistakes he'll likely make.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:27 PM)
I'm sure we'd have to lose 20 games in a row before any serious changes were made to the greatest team ever assembled, but I don't see why we can't let Rowand bat 2nd, and Iguchi 3rd.

a month ago, i would have called you crazy.

but with the way they're hitting, why not try stuff like that, see what works, instead of waiting for everyone to come out of their collective slump

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
a month ago, i would have called you crazy.

but with the way they're hitting, why not try stuff like that, see what works, instead of waiting for everyone to come out of their collective slump

There's also not a doubt in my mind Uribe should bat higher in the lineup. Uribe is definitely the type of hitter who produces more due to having to concentrate at the plate. How many times can he do a hit-and-run with Crede on base? NEVER

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:35 AM)
Surprise, surprise...    :P

Whenever the Sox face Johan, I have no expectations of a win. Even if the Sox had won 20 games in a row, I'd still think the same. I just think Santana is the best pitcher in baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
Whenever the Sox face Johan, I have no expectations of a win.  Even if the Sox had won 20 games in a row, I'd still think the same.  I just think Santana is the best pitcher in baseball.

Fair enough.

I just have confidence in Freddy on the road against their offense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Whenever the Sox face Johan, I have no expectations of a win.  Even if the Sox had won 20 games in a row, I'd still think the same.  I just think Santana is the best pitcher in baseball.

And yet every inning that the Sox fail to score off him, there are comments pointing at the Sox ineptitude. :huh

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
And yet every inning that the Sox fail to score off him, there are comments pointing at the Sox ineptitude. :huh

Not from me. The only thing I'm disappointed at is with the continued lack of execution by this team. Our "great" number 2 hitter screwed up twice in his AB, and we're lucky Ozuna wasn't CS for the third time in two games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:41 PM)
Not from me.  The only thing I'm disappointed at is with the continued lack of execution by this team.  Our "great" number 2 hitter screwed up twice in his AB, and we're lucky Ozuna wasn't CS for the third time in two games.

I don't have the advantage of seeing the game, but I know he struck out on the screwball. Presuming that was one of his 'screw ups', what other hitable pitches did he miss?

Edited by ottawa_sox

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
I don't have the advantage of seeing the game, but I dnow he struck out on the screwball.  Presuming that was one of his 'screw ups', what other hitable pitches did he miss?

He blew the hit-and-run. Ozuna should have been out by 5 feet if the throw was good.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
He blew the hit-and-run.  Ozuna should have been out by 5 feet if the throw was good.

What was he supposed to do, pull a pitching-wedge out of his ass to hit it? The ball hit a foot in front of the plate.

But damnit... could've used a big hit there. Tadahito with two of the bigger AB's so far in this game, and has failed.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
He blew the hit-and-run.  Ozuna should have been out by 5 feet if the throw was good.

In Iguchi's defense, that was a dirty, dirty pitch Santana threw on the hit and run... not defending the eventual strikout, but not many hitters would have made contact with that one.