Paulie Quote

LosMediasBlancas

Konerko's quote is about halfway down the article and I agree 100%.

Last night's loss will be the turning point for this team. We will find out exactly what the 2005 Chicago White Sox are made of. One of two extremes will happen. They will either feel completely demoralized and continue in this slump, or they will get fired up and go on a tear. I don't think you'll see a .500 team the rest of the year. You're gonna see one extreme or the other. Book it.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox24.html

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
Los...here's to you...finally someone with some perspective.  AND when Pods is back and healthy, which many of you seem to have forgotten that he is the catalyst, this team will be winning 2 of 3 again.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 04:51 PM)
No, but his imminent return will give the organization, people on this board, and Hawk a reason to feel good about standing pat for the waiver deadline.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
Yes, I am already prepared for the "if you look at it, we added Scott Podsednik at the deadline" speech come September 1. There is no guarantee that he will be 100% healthy, and last Sept. with MIL, he stole 18 bases, but hit .228. I am also concerned about the continuing back problems the Sox seem to be having. I wonder if its just coincidence a lot of these guys are having problems with their backs, or if there is a flaw in the training program.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:39 PM)
With Oakland's recent slide, I'd say they're on their way out of the playoff picture. The Sox are in good position to make a push in September. And if the A's don't make it, I don't see a better pitching staff in the AL than the Sox, and that includes minny.

Oakland and the Sox are both 2-8 in their last 10 games. As you say, if Oakland s***s the bed and doesn't make the playoffs, the cards would be aligning themselves very nicely for the Sox. All they have to do now is check nuts and use last night as possibly their last chance at a wake up call. As Paulie said, if they don't take something away from last night and (God forbid) lose the division, then f*** em.

It'll go one extreme or the other.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Oakland and the Sox are both 2-8 in their last 10 games. As you say, if Oakland s***s the bed and doesn't make the playoffs, the cards would be aligning themselves very nicely for the Sox. All they have to do now is check nuts and use last night as possibly their last chance at a wake up call. As Paulie said, if they don't take something away from last night and (God forbid) lose the division, then f*** em.

It'll go one extreme or the other.

Yeah, but the Sox played better for longer than Oakland, thus the cushion in the standings. You lose as many as Oakland did in the beginning? Yes, you can come back, obviously. No, you cannot slump again.

And I'm with you -- if the Sox don't turn it around then screw it. They've hurt me before, they'll hurt me again. But I got a good feeling about this season. Good pitching will do that. Remember how good our pitching was in '94 when the bastards went on strike?? I had the same feeling then, too.