**Official 8/31/05 Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
This post has been edited to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

easy fella. Read the new guidelines for posting.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:13 PM)
This post has been edited to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Buddy, you're going to get suspended if you don't delete this quick.

QUOTE(infohawk @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:13 PM)
I don't typically question Ozzie, but to me El Duque is really a five-inning pitcher.  Especially against a team that can hit like the Rangers.  I don't know why he didn't just turn the game over to the bullpen after taking the lead.  I'm an Ozzie fan, but I don't see what there is to gain by leaving El Duque in beyond 80-85 pitches against the Rangers.

The same thing happened last week against Seattle. I feel he left him in one inning too long. What happened? Seattle tied it up. Ozzie usually wants his starters to get the victory, but most of the time it backfires and it ends up putting them in a deep hole.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
The same thing happened last week against Seattle.  I feel he left him in one inning too long.  What happened?  Seattle tied it up. Ozzie usually wants his starters to get the victory, but most of the time it backfires and it ends up putting them in a deep hole.

When you're struggling like we are, you need all the help you can get from your manager. Did Ozzie really think that this lineup today was going to score a lot of runs? Did Ozzie really think that after Duque allows 4 straight base runners to start the 6th inning, he should leave Duque in for another batter?

All I know is that I'm happy the new rules are in place, or else this would have gotten really, really ugly.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
When you're struggling like we are, you need all the help you can get from your manager.  Did Ozzie really think that this lineup today was going to score a lot of runs?  Did Ozzie really think that after Duque allows 4 straight base runners to start the 6th inning, he should leave Duque in for another batter? 

All I know is that I'm happy the new rules are in place, or else this would have gotten really, really ugly.

That's the first thing I was thinking about after the new rules took effect. The game threads. I can't wait to see these in September. :huh:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Score?

Notice how Hawk has that same tone in his voice that he's had the past 4 Septembers? He's a company man, so he may not say it, but he's also a former player, so we can all guess what he's thinking.

I pray that we don't completely choke and miss the playoffs. However, if we do, Hawk is going to make a complete fool out of himself, and have excuse after excuse.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
I loved this team the first half. Now I almost can't stand to watch them.

This month has been painful to watch no doubt. HOPEFULLY they will turn the page in September and get there s*** together. :pray

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 31, 2005 -> 08:21 PM)
This month has been painful to watch no doubt. HOPEFULLY they will turn the page in September and get there s*** together.  :pray

Exactly. Everything on and off the field (HAWK!) have been extremely painful. To think that we're 6 games up right now is actually uplifting, because the way we've played in August, we don't deserve that big of a lead. If the Indians don't cool off, we won't make the playoffs. That's my prediction, and I'm sticking to it!