Offiicial game thread 9/1

Ishmookie

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
Hermanson has to be healthy.

Otherwise he should not be near the field in a 9 run game.

SB

I like it. He hasn't gotten a lot of work recently. The only thing worse than an injured pitcher is an injured pitcher who's rusty.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 1, 2005 -> 09:31 PM)
I disagree.  The most important hitter on the Sox is Jermaine Dye.  When he's slumping, our offense sucks.  When he's swinging the bat well, our offense looks much better.

I disagree.

The team was doing very well to start of the season, and that was during the period the many on the board had unofficially anointed him "dead."

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:45 AM)
I disagree.

The team was doing very well to start of the season, and that was during the period the many on the board had unofficially anointed him "dead."

But it's not like our offense was performing well, even though we were winning games.

Guys, with the way Contreras has been pitching lately, I'm beginning to think he's finally "got it". Three starts in a row with no walks ... by Jose f***ing Contreras?? Something has definitely clicked for this guy, and if he can maintain it, he will be awesome. With his stuff, and with him attacking the hitters he could literally become the ace that the Yankees expected him to be when they signed him.