White Sox VS. Red SOX -Game thread (Sep 5th)

kman

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno i'm loving the count right now.  if he can stay this way we've got a helluva rotation... i'm kinda partial to cotts stayin in relief tho

Contreras is great. Keep him in the rotation and Cotts in the pen.

And another forgotten one who has caught the eye of the tiger. Luis Vizcaino!

Garland pitches like a coward (look guys, I was careful how I said it! :bang ). Watch Pedro pitch. He attacks hitters. He could have faced Babe Ruth without even flinching. And he would have come right at him. He doesnt back down for anyone. Garland is scared of the hitters. He will never be a great if he doesnt gain courage. As for Ozzie, he was here last year and we stunk. Its the new guys who made us good. We are winning in spite of Ozzie. All he does is bring bad publicity with his goofy jokes.

And, McCarthy, all I can say is damn. He will be on my favorites list shortly if he keeps this up. 14 straight innings without allowing a run, but unlike Garland who did his scoreless streak against Detroit and Oakland (when they stunk), BMac has done it against Boston and Texas, the two best offenses around. BMac is an aggressive pitcher, and he will soon be better than Garland could ever hope to be. Ace in the making, and a completely different pitcher than he was earlier. This kid aint scared of nothin'.

Garland has matured a lot and attacks hitters a lot better than he used to ... see, no broad brush statements there. If Garland is afraid of hitters he wouldn't have 17 wins. As for Guillen - he knows a lot more about the game than anyone on this website.

I share your optimism about McCarthy and believe the AAA pitching coach deserves a lot of credit.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Garland pitches like a coward (look guys, I was careful how I said it! :bang ). Watch Pedro pitch. He attacks hitters. He could have faced Babe Ruth without even flinching. And he would have come right at him. He doesnt back down for anyone. Garland is scared of the hitters. He will never be a great if he doesnt gain courage. As for Ozzie, he was here last year and we stunk. Its the new guys who made us good. We are winning in spite of Ozzie. All he does is bring bad publicity with his goofy jokes.

And, McCarthy, all I can say is damn. He will be on my favorites list shortly if he keeps this up. 14 straight innings without allowing a run, but unlike Garland who did his scoreless streak against Detroit and Oakland (when they stunk), BMac has done it against Boston and Texas, the two best offenses around. BMac is an aggressive pitcher, and he will soon be better than Garland could ever hope to be. Ace in the making, and a completely different pitcher than he was earlier. This kid aint scared of nothin'.

Very well put...garland can still turn it around though...he has the stuff he just needs to believe in it. BMac believes in his stuff and it shows...even if he gets pasted he still believes he can get people out...thats what makes an ace.

Great game BMAC!!!! :cheers

I just don't know how anyone could bash Garland this season for not attacking hitters. One of the main reasons for his success this year is that he's had a huge decrease in his walks this season. In the games he's struggled this year, it's been because he was hit hard. That happens over the course of the season, especially in the AL.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 01:40 PM)
I just don't know how anyone could bash Garland this season for not attacking hitters.  One of the main reasons for his success this year is that he's had a huge decrease in his walks this season.  In the games he's struggled this year, it's been because he was hit hard.  That happens over the course of the season, especially in the AL.

that deserves an A+

:smilesanta

Very well put...garland can still turn it around though...he has the stuff he just needs to believe in it.  BMac believes in his stuff and it shows...even if he gets pasted he still believes he can get people out...thats what makes an ace. 

Great game BMAC!!!! :cheers

BMac is incredible. If we let him get away, someone ought to lose their job.

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 01:42 PM)
BMac is incredible. If we let him get away, someone ought to lose their job.

a few weeks ago i remember

dude trade bmac for ________

not sure any of us would do that now

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
If we hold on today, anyone else realize we are i n good shape for our 4th 8 game winning streak of the season? I'd like to think we could sweep KC with the way we are playing.

i thought the same thing, but SHHHHHH

now we're gonna lose the next 3 to KC, good job brian

If we hold on today, anyone else realize we are i n good shape for our 4th 8 game winning streak of the season? I'd like to think we could sweep KC with the way we are playing.

We can definitely sweep KC. That would be sweet! Not to mention the magic number would be down to 14 at the most.