White Sox VS. Red SOX -Game thread (Sep 5th)

kman

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
eh 4 run game...you cant give up on politte...maybe some success here can help him get his rhythm back...if politte gets in trouble, cotts will be right behind him

A 4 run game with Manny/Ortiz up 4th and 5th that inning is a lot different than a 4 run game with Dmitri Young lurking.

• Replies 567
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
If you gave me a helmet and a bat, and told me to face Garland, I wouldnt be scared. Id jump right in there. On the other hand, if you told me to face Pedro, Id tell you to get lost. Pedro is intimidating, Garland is not. Maybe its because Pedro will throw at anyone and be all ready for the fight. I like that. You dont hit a teammate of Pedro because he will get you. If Garland was pitching, they could peg Everett and PK in a row and Jon would still do nothing. Everett might whoop the pitchers ass, but on wouldnt do a thing. He is timid. Pedro lets everyone know whos in charge. Jon doesnt do that.

first of all, not many people are like pedro. hes a freak. his stuff >>>> garlands stuff. when you have that type of fastball/change/curve combo, you will be intimidating. they are different style pitchers. why isnt buerhle more like pedro? garland and buerhle are just not the type of pitcher pedro is

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
You would have no chance with both guys.

this is totally the newb to blame if we lose. from here to the end of the season he's our bartman

totally kidding....

or am i?

QUOTE(the southside tiger @ Sep 5, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
If you gave me a helmet and a bat, and told me to face Garland, I wouldnt be scared. Id jump right in there. On the other hand, if you told me to face Pedro, Id tell you to get lost. Pedro is intimidating, Garland is not. Maybe its because Pedro will throw at anyone and be all ready for the fight. I like that. You dont hit a teammate of Pedro because he will get you. If Garland was pitching, they could peg Everett and PK in a row and Jon would still do nothing. Everett might whoop the pitchers ass, but on wouldnt do a thing. He is timid. Pedro lets everyone know whos in charge. Jon doesnt do that.

So basically cause Garland isn't a head hunter, you wouldn't be scared of him? Well, Greg Maddux has hit more guys this year than Bobby Jenks. Still rather face Jenks that Maddux?