Blum

BamaDoc

QUOTE(BamaDoc @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
I am not arguing with the pickup.  I just think with expanded rosters we have the opportunity to use some of the players we brought up to give a offensive spark.

Get him out of here. He is horrible. Give me a break. As a utility infielder, fine. But not regular duty. Please. Hmm Timo doesn't hit ... gets clutch hits ... plays field OK ... gets ripped. Blum doesn't hit doesn't get clutch hits (but hits the ball hard) ... play field OK, except costs us game ... but he's fine. What's the difference? Could it be...uh, no. Not that.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
He's been about as unlucky as they come lately, he really is hitting hte ball hard.

Well I can't watch the games, so I'll have to take your word for it. They'll find holes eventually if that's the case.

He hit .215 in 350 ABs last season. He's been having "bad luck" for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for over a year now.

I have no problem with blum being on the end of the bench as a utility guy (3B/ss/2B), but he provides ZERO offensive value at 1B, and can't be considered a defensive upgrade there. NEVER EVER let him play 1B.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
He's been about as unlucky as they come lately, he really is hitting hte ball hard.

We're honestly holding faith in a reserve player because he's hitting the ball hard (which I haven't noticed consistently), yet doesn't have anything to show for it? He's a bum--and until a few of those unlucky line drives begin to fall he'll remain so in my view.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Sep 9, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
He hit .215 in 350 ABs last season. He's been having "bad luck" for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for over a year now.

I have no problem with blum being on the end of the bench as a utility guy (3B/ss/2B), but he provides ZERO offensive value at 1B, and can't be considered a defensive upgrade there. NEVER EVER let him play 1B.

I didn't see him play last year and by his stats he was bad. I'm saying lately in the games he's played in he's been hitting the ball hard, that is all.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 10, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
I don't like ozuna either, so I'm screwed.

I dislike em both.

Ozuna is the type of player Ozzie thinks Timo is.

Ozuna has a purpose. He makes s*** happen. I don't know how he does it. It's with smoke and mirrors mostly, but he just gets by on pure hustle alone. Having that as a 25th man is no problem with me.

Blum at 1B and Timo pretty much anywhere really piss me off though.

He seems to find a way to have something go wrong at the critical moment, call him Jerry Dy-blum-zinski. When Crede gets back I hope we don't see much of either Blum, Perez or Ozuna come playoff time. Oz should take a page from Jack McKeon's Marlins run when his regulars took about 95% of the at bats -if you are going to beat me you have to beat my best.