Iguchi Article

DBAHO

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
We've agreed to disagree on this.  Don't think this last week of awful attendance didn't give JR every excuse possible to not raise payroll this offseason.

He has several years in a row. What is your reason to believe it won't happen once more?

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 11, 2005 -> 06:40 PM)
We've agreed to disagree on this.  Don't think this last week of awful attendance didn't give JR every excuse possible to not raise payroll this offseason.

Very true. I don't even think we raised 30,000 for any game in this series and I distinctly remember being told that we would definately see over 32,000 every game this series because it was a good club. Sox fans have stopped showing up for whatever reason. Not a great reason to raise payroll more than 5 million.

If you sign Bill Mueller for 2 years to hit in the 2 hole, Iguchi can hit at #3, and Josh Fields can take his time down at B-Ham. Seems like the best solution at the moment, unless someone at 3B can come via a trade.

In response to Soxfest, we're not disputing Gooch's value in the 2 hole, but he could be even more valuable in the 3 spot, plus it pushes a guy like Everett lower down the order, and you don't have Joe Crede and his pop - ups in the 9 spot.

Unfortunately, right now, this franchise has to pay money to have a drawing card on the team.

That's why I still think that they should try to trade for Griffey. The Sox still need to put people in the seats. Even the best record in baseball doesn't fill the house now.

Other than Bonds, who wouldn't come here and we don't want, I don't think there is anyone else available to draw people to the park.