White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

I understand that keeping the starters in the game through six or seven innings benefits the bullpen, but it seems to me that our bullpen gets plenty of rest. I'm no manager, but wouldn't it be a good idea to have the starters pitch at least an inning less or a certain number of pitches less than what would normally be expected this late into September? That's one way to keep them fresh.

Here's hoping the excitement is over for the night and the bulllpen just closes it out with authority!!!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:13 AM)
SHHHHH. You might hurt Ozzie's feelings. He might not show you his AL manager of the year award in only his second year of managing with a "terrible, terrible offense" if you don't stop yelling at him.

I hope he remembers to carry that trophy with him to the unemployment line in the next few seasons. I'm beginning to think you'd rather try to bait myself and others instead of actually commenting on the game. Since there are no personal attacks on this board now, all I can say is :gosox3:

Garcia's line 5.1 innings 7 runs earned on 9 hits with 2 bbs and 2ks.

I can see why Ozzie made those comments about not giving El Duque a chance on Sunday. We all thought that him giving up 3 in the first was bad, but it goes with the current pitching trend of our playoff starters.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:14 PM)
with damaso going, going gone ... will there be a David Sanders sighting?

By the way, I couldnt' understand a word of it, but in a pre-game chat with one of the radio guys, Ozzie was still trying to sound positive about Marte, saying something about taking a day at a time or something to that effect.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
I hope he remembers to carry that trophy with him to the unemployment line in the next few seasons.  I'm beginning to think you'd rather try to bait myself and others instead of actually commenting on the game.  Since there are no personal attacks on this board now, all I can say is  :gosox3:

Manager of the Year will spice up his resume' in 2007.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:15 PM)
I hope he remembers to carry that trophy with him to the unemployment line in the next few seasons.  I'm beginning to think you'd rather try to bait myself and others instead of actually commenting on the game.  Since there are no personal attacks on this board now, all I can say is  :gosox3:

LOL. You're calling the AL Manager of the year a terrible manager. The statement is funny in and of itself. I need say nothing.

QUOTE(infohawk @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:14 AM)
I understand that keeping the starters in the game through six or seven innings benefits the bullpen, but it seems to me that our bullpen gets plenty of rest.  I'm no manager, but wouldn't it be a good idea to have the starters pitch at least an inning less or a certain number of pitches less than what would normally be expected this late into September?  That's one way to keep them fresh.

I've been saying this same exact thing for a while now. Ozzie needs to trust our bullpen, and maybe taking out the starters a little earlier on a consistent basis would have saved our starters arms a little. They've thrown so many pitches all year, that has to be taken into consideration for their weak performance lately.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:16 AM)
LOL. You're calling the AL Manager of the year a terrible manager. The statement is funny in and of itself. I need say nothing.

Yes, he's an absolutely terrible manager. I think the list of people who agree with this is growing by the inning.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 08:17 PM)
Yes, he's an absolutely terrible manager. I think the list of people who agree with this is growing by the inning.

Haha. Thats fine. I wonder who's opinion I should value. The people who have dealt with major league baseball or a bunch of guys on a message board. hmmm.