Bears Vs Bengals

Kyyle23

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Nathan Vasher has looked very impressive this season but he isnt ready to guard a fuken guy like Chad Johnson. Tillman is still our best CB and to put a guy who this is his first year starting on him is retarded. Also what was the safety doing.... if you are going to put a guy that inexperianced on Chad where is the guy helping him at.

Chad Johnson had nothing but great comments about Vasher. It was 1 play, he f***ed up and got beat. Vasher played > Tillman today though. Orton simply forced up too many balls and I gotta say, this was Ron Turner's worst called game so far this season, including preseason. A 30 yard fade on 3rd and 4? Why? How about a 5 yard cross pattern or a draw? Even with the 5 picks, I'd have confidence in Orton to throw a 5 yard pass. He forced it into Wade on that 1 play and it cost him, Ratliff picked it off. Poor offense today by Orton but Jones continues to say "f*** YOU BENSON!" with his play. He is top 5 in the league in rush yards now I believe. The O-Line is MUCH improved. Orton just made too many mistakes. We got the bye week, lets think about what we did wrong and fix it then come out in 2 weeks and get the Browns.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 03:44 PM)
I know Nathan Vasher has looked very impressive this season but he isnt ready to guard a fuken guy like Chad Johnson. Tillman is still our best CB and to put a guy who this is his first year starting on him is retarded.  Also what was the safety doing.... if you are going to put a guy that inexperianced on Chad where is the guy helping him at.

I agree. This 1 safety back is not gonna work against teams like the Bengals and Colts. The plays where Harris or Brown were at the line of scrimmage were the plays where they got burned. Against teams that pass, you have to have 2 safeties back. Brown was the only safety back on the 1st TD to Johnson and then Harris was the only safety back on the long TD to the rook and then the 2nd TD to Johnson, guess what, 1 safety back.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
I really beleive in football, with a play like the Gage play, where Gage had that ball right on the numbers, and he couldnt make the play, the OB should not be charged an INT. Like an unearned run in baseball.

I completely agree with that. Gage pisses me off so much, it seems like every time he misses a catch, he pops it way up in the air for anyone to grab.

Have to think of what went through Rex Grossman's head during this game. He is either very sorry the team loss or secretly happy that Orton got destroyed and he can get his spot back.

I like Orton kind of but in my mind Grossman is still the more talented QB and even though he doesnt have a lot of live game experiance just being in the league for so long has had to help him.

Edited by SoxFan101

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 26, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
Has that ever been even talked about before? I dont see why its that much different. Yes, the OB did throw the ball that got picked, but the pitcher also threw the ball that went yard.....

No, the pitcher did not throw the pitch that went yard. The pitcher threw a pitch that was booted in the field, allowing the runner to stay on base. Sure, he may throw a pitch that goes yard afterwards, but the runner on first is considered unearned.

The problem with changing the rule is when a QB throws a pass too high and too hard, and the WR barely can get his fingers on it to tip it. To me, the QB is at fault in that scenario. But what Gage did was inexcusable, the ball hit him in the chest and he bounced it upwards to a defender. that wasnt Ortons fault.