Top Quotes from Sports Movies

Texsox

Field of Dreams

Ray Kinsella: Hey... Dad?

[John turns]

Ray Kinsella: [choked up] "You wanna have a catch?"

John Kinsella: I'd like that.

---

Terence Mann: Ray, people will come Ray. They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up your driveway not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your door as innocent as children, longing for the past. Of course, we won't mind if you look around, you'll say. It's only $20 per person. They'll pass over the money without even thinking about it: for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they'll walk out to the bleachers; sit in shirtsleeves on a perfect afternoon. They'll find they have reserved seats somewhere along one of the baselines, where they sat when they were children and cheered their heroes. And they'll watch the game and it'll be as if they dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick they'll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come Ray. The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will come Ray. People will most definitely come.

28. "The price is wrong, b****!"

Happy Gilmore

No one speaks to Bob Barker like that without a fight. No one!

4. "Juuuust a bit outside!"

Major League

C'mon, is there ever a time when you see a wild pitch and this Harry Doyle line doesn't pop into your head?

My personal favorite:

- -You should consider taking Jesus as your savior.

-Ahhhh Jesus... I like him very much . But he no help with curveball.

- -Are you saying that Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball!?

--- All Right! Let's not start a holy war here

From the film epic Major League

I also like the Harry Doyle line after he cusses saying "Who care's? No one is listening anyway!"

I can't believe this isn't on there.

Buck Weaver: You get out there, and the stands are full and everybody's cheerin'. It's like everybody in the world come to see you. And inside of that there's the players, they're yakkin' it up. The pitcher throws and you look for that pill... suddenly there's nothing else in the ballpark but you and it. Sometimes, when you feel right, there's a groove there, and the bat just eases into it and meets that ball. When the bat meets that ball and you feel that ball just give, you know it's going to go a long way. Damn, if you don't feel like you're going to live forever.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 21, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
I can't believe this isn't on there.

Buck Weaver:  You get out there, and the stands are full and everybody's cheerin'. It's like everybody in the world come to see you. And inside of that there's the players, they're yakkin' it up. The pitcher throws and you look for that pill... suddenly there's nothing else in the ballpark but you and it. Sometimes, when you feel right, there's a groove there, and the bat just eases into it and meets that ball. When the bat meets that ball and you feel that ball just give, you know it's going to go a long way. Damn, if you don't feel like you're going to live forever.

Back when this was actually posted earlier this summer ESPN had a pretty long chat about things that should have been on the list but weren't.

My favorite movie Cool Runnings didn't have any quotes in there.

"Feel the rhythm...feel the rhyme...get on board....it's bobsled time!"

But my favorite Cool Runnings quote and my favorite movie quote of all time is this.

"Derice, a gold metal is a wonderful thing. But if you're not good enough without it, you will never be good enough with it."