Is the Big Hurt not even traveling with the team?

sin city sox fan

I saw the following notice in today's Las Vegas Review Journal.....

New York City private eye Vincent Parco, the star of "Court TV" reality show "Parco, P.I.," among the horde at Scores' opening night party. He calls the show " `Charlie's Angels' meet `The Osbournes.' " Others among the estimated 2,000: Frank Thomas of the Chicago White Sox and Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller.

I know he's on the DL and not able to play....but I would have hoped he was still with the team displaying some leadership and support (especially during the most important series of the season).

After seeing this, I'm convinced 100% that he will not be a part of this organization in 2006. I was doubtful before, but I have to believe at this point that all communication between the Sox and Frank Thomas have disappeared. He no longer cares about this team and if thats the attitude he has....I say sayonara.

I love good T&A as well....but there's a time and a place for it. Wednesday night was not that time.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/200...s/27254219.html

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
airplane travel is bad for foot injuries. You don't want him traveling with the team with that injury. I don't know that you want him at strip joints either but who am I to judge

Does he live in Vegas or is he flying out...?

Mule cart perhaps?

Even if this collapse finishes the way it looks like it will...you can still count me among the group who wants to see the big man back next season.

If nothing else...if he can stay healthy enough to make a run towards 500, that will put fans in the seats...something we may very well need a lot of help with after this.

Plus...we're going to have to pay him $3.5 million anyway, why not try to get some sort of service out of it?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Even if this collapse finishes the way it looks like it will...you can still count me among the group who wants to see the big man back next season.

If nothing else...if he can stay healthy enough to make a run towards 500, that will put fans in the seats...something we may very well need a lot of help with after this.

Plus...we're going to have to pay him $3.5 million anyway, why not try to get some sort of service out of it?

^^^

If Frank is able to play baseball, I want it to be here.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
^^^

If he signs a contract this offseason, I will take what meager earnings I have (grad student earning power, joy) and immediately buy a #35 jersey. That will be my contribution to keeping him.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
If he signs a contract this offseason, I will take what meager earnings I have (grad student earning power, joy) and immediately buy a #35 jersey.  That will be my contribution to keeping him.

I need to get myself an authentic Frank. I've had a few replicas and what not throughout my fandom and his career, but never an authentic. I just need to decide on which jersey to get (home, road, alternate). No matter what happens this offseason, that's definitely going to be a timeless jersey in White Sox history.

Who could want anyone on a team when he is at a strip club than with the SOX! They need his presence and he should want to be there!! I'm sure if they were in the playoffs,he would be there for the TV cameras. If they won a world series he would take the ring. Don't give me that bull of he can't fly,drive or hire someone to do it. He has been selfish his whole time with the Sox,why would he change now.

Edited by That funky motion

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 23, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
^^^

I agree and want to add that had Frank been able to play this season they would have clinched two weeks ago. Resigning the Big Hurt = big risk and big reward.

Players almost never travel with the team when they are in the DL. Therapy is easier when they are in one place. I imagine towards the end of the season he may make an appearance, until then he's more a distraction than an inspiration.