Everett Not Happy

DBAHO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
I disagree that unhappy, pissed people, pretending to be happy is better. Clear it up today, don't keep it in.

Talk to your manager about it, and not to the press. The media has enough to write about in regards to the collapse. This is just another story to add to the free-fall. Ozzie has shown more than enough patience with his veterans. He's given Everett every chance to contribute in the 3rd hole.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 03:05 PM)
I disagree that unhappy, pissed people, pretending to be happy is better. Clear it up today, don't keep it in.

I agree. People get frustrated and say things all the time. The sox are at their lowest point now. It was bound to happen. It happens in families, at work, ball clubs---anywhere people spend a lot of time together in close proximity. As long as it doesn't get personal [which in this case w/ Carl and Ozzie it doesn't seem to be], things patch themselves up rather quickly

Carl starts "proving Ozzie wrong", and the sox can start humming the Barney tune once again :D

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
Talk to your manager about it, and not to the press.  The media has enough to write about in regards to the collapse.  This is just another story to add to the free-fall. Ozzie has shown more than enough patience with his veterans.  He's given Everett every chance to contribute in the 3rd hole.

Exactly! Which is where 'STFU' applies most fittingly in this case.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:51 AM)
How many people who say Carl STFU would take that advice in their own jobs?

I am doing just that right now at mine (I guess it helps when others question the actions of certain higher ups). I don't have time to look for a new one until the new year. I've already seen my boss and the receptionist (who had 22 years in with the company and is 62) sacked, I can't afford to be sacked myself.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
We have crap happen all the time we don't like in our workplace.  Either deal with it man to man or STFU and stop complaining. 

I disagree with you on this one, Tex.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
At this point in the season, you do whatever the hell the manager asks you to do.  Everett is just as responsible for the struggles of this team as anyone else.  What the hell is he complaining about?  He's got a hell of a lot more playing time this year than was expected.  These comments by Everett follow in the path of his at-bats this season:  SELFISH!

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:03 AM)
Especially when it's for the BETTERMENT of the team here.

I'm sorry, you are all right and I love you. If I hadn't stated my position I would have been so much happier and productive. We all should STFU when we don't like something. :lolhitting

I can hear it now, a player saying they went 0-4 because Carl said he was unhappy hitting 6th. "I'm sorry, I walked up in the 9th and all I could think of was Kong's contract, Ozzie wanting to quit, and Carl hitting 6th. It ain't my fault!!"

QUOTE(beck72 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Carl has still been productive this yr, even with a sub .250 avg. And in the playoffs, Carl will be heard from, mark my words

sub 250 average?

in the 3 hole.

no, that shouldn't happen on any team.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
I'm sorry, you are all right and I love you. If I hadn't stated my position I would have been so much happier and productive. We all should STFU when we don't like something.  :lolhitting

What good could have come from what Everett said? Nice to see a veteran maintain his focus down the stretch. I complain about a lot with Ozzie, but something he can never be accused of is disrespecting his veterans.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)

I'm not talking about how Everett feels. We're trying to win a World Series. If OG thinks that Carl Everett can't contribute in the #3 hole anymore (which the stats prove), then he shouldn't be there anymore regardless of reputation/results etc.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
I'm not talking about how Everett feels. We're trying to win a World Series. If OG thinks that Carl Everett can't contribute in the #3 hole anymore (which the stats prove), then he shouldn't be there anymore regardless of reputation/results etc.

I agree 100% with that statement.

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
sub 250 average?

in the 3 hole.

no, that shouldn't happen on any team.

In the 3 hole now? No. But on Aug. 30th, Carl's line was .269/.323/.475. Now it's down to .247/.307/.434.

Even with his slump, Carl is #2 on the sox with RISP and RISP w/ 2 outs. Only Rowand has hit better than Carl in both categories. With the game on the line and hitting in key situations, Carl has come through this year.

While he's wrong and Ozzie has every right to move guys around anytime he wants, I can see where Carl's frustrations are coming from.

STFU is right. Everett was lucky he was 1 of 3 last night. A measly-ass infield single. When we do win (which is few and far between lately) it's been more often than not without any of his contributions (Except for Monday v. Cleveland).

Everett may have a history against Cy Mays, but even tonight he'll may still be swinging at the first pitch and striking out on 3 pitches.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:31 AM)
STFU is right.

Who benefits from Carl STFUing? Garcia? Pods? Joey Cora? Ozzie? Nancy Faust? :lolhitting These are adults. 30,000 screaming fans don't faze them, but Carl unhappy and talking will totally f*** up this team. :lolhitting If this team is that fragile, they are soooo screwed.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
In the 3 hole now? No. But on Aug. 30th, Carl's line was .269/.323/.475. Now it's down to .247/.307/.434.

Even with his slump, Carl is #2 on the sox with RISP and RISP w/ 2 outs. Only Rowand has hit better than Carl in both categories. With the game on the line and hitting in key situations, Carl has come through this year.

While he's wrong and Ozzie has every right to move guys around anytime he wants, I can see where Carl's frustrations are coming from.

thats true , meaning this is a good move moving him in the lineup b'cuz the 5-9th hitters leave a lot of men on base. So if what ur saying is true dont u think hes gonna get an opportunity to have ppl on base when hes up ?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
Who benefits from Carl STFUing? Garcia? Pods? Joey Cora? Ozzie? Nancy Faust? :lolhitting These are adults. 30,000 screaming fans don't faze them, but Carl unhappy and talking will totally f*** up this team.  :lolhitting If this team is that fragile, they are soooo screwed.

Tex, don't think those disagreeing with you necessarily want Carl to STFU totally. The fact of the matter is he took it to the press first which isnt part of the White Sox organization. If Carl wants to gripe thats his right but gripe to the man making the lineup. Sit down and talk face to face . How hard can that be ?

Carl, you silly silly man, couldn't you read the writing on the wall?? Look at your stats... I hope that made you feel good. Now look at the stats of every other #3 hitter in baseball. Notice anything? That's right, you're THE worst. What's more, you bat lefty but can't hit righties? So you're good for...? Providing a veteran 0-for-4 on a nightly basis so that some rookie, who could almost certainly be hitting better than you, can sit on the bench gaining valuable bench warming experience? yyyeah

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
Tex, don't think those disagreeing with you necessarily want Carl to STFU totally. The fact of the matter is he took it to the press first which isnt part of the White Sox organization. If Carl wants to gripe thats his right but gripe to the man making the lineup. Sit down and talk face to face . How hard can that be ?

There is a group of people hear who everytime someone complains, from Ozzie to Marriotti, it's always STFU. Kong and his kontract? STFU. Ozzie and fans booing? STFU. Gooch batting 2 instead of 3? STFU. I LMAO that people somehow think players

1. Are not human, with human emotions.

2. Can be so easily distracted.

3. Should only talk to the person directly.

Of course the posters don't follow that in their own lives.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
There is a group of people hear who everytime someone complains, from Ozzie to Marriotti, it's always STFU. Kong and his kontract? STFU. Ozzie and fans booing? STFU. Gooch batting 2 instead of 3? STFU. I LMAO that people somehow think players

1. Are not human, with human emotions.

2. Can be so easily distracted.

3. Should only talk to the person directly.

Of course the posters don't follow that in their own lives.

Anything but going to the press , that just makes a bad situation worse. Wouldn't you agree?

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 12:05 PM)
Anything but going to the press , that just makes a bad situation worse. Wouldn't you agree?

I would venture a guess that Carl was already talking to his team mates. The only thing that talking to the media does is now make the fans aware. I don't see where it makes a big difference in how the team will play. Imagine how exciting sports coverage would be if all we heard was "I'm happy! I love my manager! I love my players! All is great!" This is what creates interest and keeps fans engaged. How come we never have 50 post threads when a player says everything is wonderful?

Interesting that no one is telling OZ to STFU instead of threatening to not put Carl in the lineup. And imagine the cheers if he took Carl out for his remarks and plugged in Timo!!

:lolhitting

Do you really think any player is going to think about Carl tonight and not the Twins? Who is going to play better if Carl did STFU?

"Ozzie wants to quit, Kong isn't certain about his kongtract, and now Carl is unhappy, for the love of God how can I play"

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
And if Carl is setting the bench tonight, does that mean Timo is our DH??? :headshake

That would get the players to shut up and accept the genius that is OZ. Oz needs to take a strong lead and let the players know he'll sit someone, regardless of ability and chances to win, if they dare question him. If these players are so damn smart why aren't they managers?