Congrats to Ozzie

fathom

As one of his biggest critics on this site, I thought I would take the time to congratulate him on leading this team to the playoffs. No matter if you're the Yankees or Royals, you play the 162 game season to make the playoffs. Ozzie's team was able to do that, so here's to Ozzie: :cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
As one of his biggest critics on this site, I thought I would take the time to congratulate him on leading this team to the playoffs.  No matter if you're the Yankees or Royals, you play the 162 game season to make the playoffs.  Ozzie's team was able to do that, so here's to Ozzie: :cheers

:cheers :cheers :drink :drink :drink

nice to hear you say that.

As one of his biggest critics on this site, I thought I would take the time to congratulate him on leading this team to the playoffs.  No matter if you're the Yankees or Royals, you play the 162 game season to make the playoffs.  Ozzie's team was able to do that, so here's to Ozzie: :cheers

I'm crying while reading your post. We all are ONE TEAM! Let's do it and take the pennant flag home to the Cell. :cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:03 PM)

Good call, brutha!

:cheers

Glad you're enjoying this!

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)

Glad you're enjoying this!

All along, I said the goal was to make the playoffs. That's the only thing I wanted for sure for this team. I don't care if they get swept in horrible fashion....IT'S BETTER THAN MISSING THE PLAYOFFS!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
All along, I said the goal was to make the playoffs.  That's the only thing I wanted for sure for this team.  I don't care if they get swept in horrible fashion....IT'S BETTER THAN MISSING THE PLAYOFFS!

And right now...I can give you as close as I can to a guarantee...That will not happen!

Glad you're along for the ride pal!

Very nice to see you making this post, of all people. Thanks for doing it :D

:gosox1: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Glad you're along for the ride pal!

As much as some probably wish, I was never gone. I'll guarantee this (JimH..you can hold me to this). I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the playoffs. No gamethread b****ing for me. After the game, I'll have no problem stating my thoughts. However, like the fat girl at the prom, I'm just happy for the Sox to be there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 02:03 PM)

I think I will save this post forever.. or until next season

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 03:17 PM)
All along, I said the goal was to make the playoffs.  That's the only thing I wanted for sure for this team.  I don't care if they get swept in horrible fashion....IT'S BETTER THAN MISSING THE PLAYOFFS!

Fathom: Now I have to disagree with you again. What the hell you're talking about us being swept in the playoff and in horrible fashion!

We will advance to second round. Keep the faith! :D

:cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 08:28 PM)
Fathom: Now I have to disagree with you again.  What the hell you're talking about us being swept in the playoff and in horrible fashion! 

We will advance to second round.  Keep the faith! :D

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers

I don't think we'll get swept in the playoffs. I'm very hopeful, as I feel that the players will have so much less pressure now than they did the last month or so. Strangely, my biggest concern is our bullpen for the playoffs. Politte's velocity seems to be way down. At least we have one batter Neal!

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
I don't think we'll get swept in the playoffs.  I'm very hopeful, as I feel that the players will have so much less pressure now than they did the last month or so.  Strangely, my biggest concern is our bullpen for the playoffs.  Politte's velocity seems to be way down.  At least we have one batter Neal!

If we go back to our fundamentals - pitching, defense and small ball - in the playoff, we will advance to the second round. I don't know how, but I am having a very good vibe right now. Our White Sox might bring home the ultimate trophy this year!

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
If we go back to our fundamentals - pitching, defense and small ball - in the playoff, we will advance to the second round.  I don't know how, but I am having a very good vibe right now.  Our White Sox might bring home the ultimate trophy this year!

Your scratching me just where I itch.

Edited by shakes

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
I don't think he's the best manager in the American League, infact I think his in-game style is one of the worst in the American League, however what he has done in full this year, is impossible to ignore.

Ozzie Guillen, your 2005 American League Manager of the Year.

Let me guess. The best manager in the AL is Terry Francona.