Congrats to Kenny Williams

Balta1701

There's already a Congrats to Ozzie thread...and I'm getting my hands on this one.

Congrats a thousand times over to Kenny Williams...the man who put this team together (granted with help), the man who had to walk into Reinsdorf's office in January and tell him he had traded Carlos Lee, the man who signed Tadahito Iguchi, Dustin Hermanson, A.J. Pierzynski, the man who picked up Bobby Jenks, the man who traded for Jose Contreras, the man who drafted Brandon McCarthy, and up and down the list to his whole staff.

Thank you for this team Kenny Williams. It's been a gift.

And congrats in advance on winning the Executive of the Year award which there shouldn't even be any competition at all for after today!

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
While Oz does not deserve manager of the year IMO, Kenny is by far the GM of the year. Great job Kenny.

There is no not a doubt in my mind. Think about the keys to yeserday's game. The starting pitcher was a 38th round draft pick when KW was in charge of scouting. The closer who went two innings was picked up from Anaheim for a waiver fee. The 2nd baseman who hit a key homer was a Japanese import that KW never scouted in person, just off of videos.

Can anyone else make a case for executive of the year like Kenny? The only other organization that made anywhere close to the turn around that the Sox did was Cleveland, and most of those moves were made in prior years. Of the 8 playoff teams, only 2 were not here last year, and the Padres sure as hell don't deserve to be there.