Famous White Sox Fans

MinnySoxFan

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
I think that guy Bartman is a Sox fan.

(TEAL)

No, no, you're thinking Guy Lombardo. :D

QUOTE(mreye @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
I'm telling you, she's sneaky hot!

You've said this before. I'm not a Joan hater by any means, but calling her "hot" is almost as weird as having a Bea Arthur crush.

7406-231047_MICHEAL_JACKSON_MJT131_georg

george lopez

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0...i-sportsnew-hed

Actor Lopez recalls Kittle's kindness

White Sox fever has yet to afflict some fans in Chicago, but it has spread to Hollywood.

At least noted comedian and actor George Lopez is keeping an eye on the first-place South Siders.

Lopez is an avid baseball fan, especially of the White Sox. He recently spoke with team representatives to get permission to use the Sox logo and jersey for an upcoming episode of his popular sitcom "The George Lopez Show."

"I met him and he told me I was his favorite ballplayer. I told him he was full of it," said former Sox All-Star outfielder Ron Kittle, who had dinner with Lopez last month when the comedian was in Chicago to perform a show.

"I don't know how exactly he became a White Sox fan, but he said that I signed something for him when I was out in Anaheim when he was watching a game with his buddies. He said that he never forgot that and he thought I was very cool. He said I signed all of his friends' stuff too."

Kittle now makes specialty wood benches that hold autographed baseball bats. Lopez has asked Kittle to make him a bench to fit autographed bats of Roberto Clemente, who was the favorite player of Lopez's father.

Kittle's woodwork can be seen on his Web site: www.ronkittle.com.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
Damn, Steff was right.  Kittle does manage to whore his benches in every single press piece that mentions him. :huh  :huh

I'm shocked he didn't mention his dumb ass book also. :headshake

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:51 AM)
thats bulls***.  Whitesox.com just interviewd him a month ago and he said he is a die hard sox fan.  He told Arroyo infact that if the Sox played the Red Sox he would be all the way for the Sox.  He is friends with the Arroyo though.  In fact when he sung the the 7th inning stretch at Wrigley this year he said "root root root for the White Sox."

No he didn't sing root, root root for the White Sox. The guy is a fake. He's a fan of whatever team gives him a freebie or some free publicity, and who cares anyway? He's a crappy actor who will be nothing once that dumb show leaves the airwaves in a couple years.

Mr. Skin is a die hard Sox fan. If you don't know who he is, you're missing out on a great resource. He has a website that lists any actress that has ever been naked in a movie, and lists the movies, how long into the movies the nude scene appears, etc. I don't think anyone knows what he looks like, but I know he's a big Sox fan.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 04:27 PM)
No he didn't sing root, root root for the White Sox. The guy is a fake. He's a fan of whatever team gives him a freebie or some free publicity, and who cares anyway? He's a crappy actor who will be nothing once that dumb show leaves the airwaves in a couple years.

dude Desperate Housewives is a pretty good show. And know he is not a fake because HE GREW UP ON THE SOUTHSIDE OF CHICAGO.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
Did I say he didn't say he was a Sox fan..?

No.

Did he make the comments about the Red Sox..?

Yes.

Right back atcha, kid.  :stick

yes but those were taken out of context. plus who wouldn't root for that team last year. They were a very easy team to like.