Bandwagon Jumpers

aboz56

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 09:12 AM)
I have been thinking about this alot too. And the only bandwagoners i want are kids. Maybe 15 and younger. That is the time in their life they are most impressionable and the time they become true life long sox fans. If we get the kids, the ball park will be full for generations to come and we wont have those obnoxious bandwagon jumpers.

I agree

up until 2000 I rooted for whoever I wanted to(I was 10)

I then jumped on the 2000 sox bandwagon but haven't let down, closely following just about every game since

:D

I think some of us, in our personal vanity, are missing the forrest for the trees: bandwagoners are nothing but a good thing!

Think about it: revenue increases so does payroll. If its one thing Reinsdorf does well, its keeping payroll and revenue strongly tied together. So payroll increases. This only help.

Furthermore, bandwagon fans are like first time crack users: they are likely to get hooked. Ok, maybe like first time pot smokers. Still, if we can get 1/5 to keep following the sox year in and year out, we've increased our fanbase and again--this can only help.

Besides, if there was no bandwagon, we'd have nothing to complain about except Ozzie's love affair with Marte--and how boring would that be :)

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
I think some of us, in our personal vanity, are missing the forrest for the trees: bandwagoners are nothing but a good thing!

Think about it: revenue increases so does payroll.  If its one thing Reinsdorf does well, its keeping payroll and revenue strongly tied together.  So payroll increases.  This only help.

Furthermore, bandwagon fans are like first time crack users: they are likely to get hooked.  Ok, maybe like first time pot smokers.  Still, if we can get 1/5 to keep following the sox year in and year out, we've increased our fanbase and again--this can only help.

Besides, if there was no bandwagon, we'd have nothing to complain about except Ozzie's love affair with Marte--and how boring would that be :)

A lot of us just aren't happy right now cause those bandwagoners got our tickets for the alcs when the diehards on this site who live and die by this team got screwed over.

Hey, I feel your pain. My Dad told me we were going to go to the series at detroit (where we clinched) way back in early Auguast, and we didn't end up going because tickets were too expensive at Comerica. We were going to go to the clincher.

It sucks, but there is no way to rate "diehard" for the front-office.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
I agree

up until 2000 I rooted for whoever I wanted to(I was 10)

I then jumped on the 2000 sox bandwagon but haven't let down, closely following just about every game since

:D

Thats how I pretty much was too. I was always a sox fan, but didnt watch alot of games and couldnt name everyone on the roster, but then my family got tickets to a playoff game in 2000 when i was 12 and even though they lost i really started getting into baseball . The next year I started paying really close attention to the team and ever since ive been hooked.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)

Think about it: revenue increases so does payroll.  If its one thing Reinsdorf does well, its keeping payroll and revenue strongly tied together.  So payroll increases.  This only help.

Furthermore, bandwagon fans are like first time crack users: they are likely to get hooked.  Ok, maybe like first time pot smokers.  Still, if we can get 1/5 to keep following the sox year in and year out, we've increased our fanbase and again--this can only help.

i couldn't agree with you more. my dreams of frank returning are still strong...

however the ticket situation does suck. luckily, i've had season tickets since i was in the womb. thanks, dad!

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 9, 2005 -> 09:52 PM)

Bandwagons roll both ways, if the Sox get down a game or two every single one of them will be gone.