John Cusack

spataro51

Well i must say all this talk on the news about celebs not being in the cell and all, and especially about cub fan john cusack not being given any tickets is a bunch of crap. I personally seen him and 3 other guys 1 guy being the bald guy from the shield chickelets or something like that. I had my uncle with me for the game and he is handicapped so we took the elevator in the main office to the lower level and they were on the elevator with us along with a rep. from the cell with them. Cusack had a sox cap on and the shield guy had a black leather jacket with a sox jeresy underneath.

They just talked about him on PTI. They said he personally phoned in Reinsdorf to see if he could get tickets and Reinsdorf said no since he jumped on the Cubs bandwagon back in 2003. Reinsdorf also said that the White Sox don't need any celebrities to cheer for them. Kornheiser agreed with JR while Wilbon disagreed.

Well i must say all this talk on the news about celebs not being in the cell and all, and especially about cub fan john cusack not being given any tickets is a bunch of crap. I personally seen him and 3 other guys 1 guy being the bald guy from the shield chickelets or something like that.  I had my uncle with me for the game and he is handicapped so we took the elevator in the main office to the lower level and they were on the elevator with us along with a rep. from the cell with them.  Cusack had a sox cap on and the shield guy had a black leather jacket with a sox jeresy underneath.

I was just about to come here and post about them talking about him on PTI. They said he asked Reinsdorf for tickets and Reinsdorf chastised him for being a Cubs fan.

There was an article on this in the Sun-Times.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/sox/cst-nws-nocelebs12.html

The Boston Red Sox have actors Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner as fans. The Cubs count Bill Murray and Billy Corgan in their ranks.

But at Sox Park, there are virtually no celebrities around, except for Mayor Daley and former Sox minor leaguer (and Bulls great) Michael Jordan.

"We don't need celebrities here," Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said before Tuesday's game. "We have real fans."

Reinsdorf is almost militant in that belief. When actor John Cusack reportedly inquired about getting tickets recently, Reinsdorf rejected him. He still remembers when Cusack -- who starred in "Eight Men Out'' about the 1919 "Black Sox'' who threw the World Series -- became the world's biggest Cubs fan during the North Siders' 2003 playoff run.

"Cusack used to be a White Sox fan," Reinsdorf said, recalling Cusack coming to the Sox 2000 playoffs. "He showed his true colors. Now that we won, someone on his behalf called my office. I wouldn't give them to him."

f*** Off John Cusack. We don't need you.

I wouldn't consider Cuscack b-list, but he's made no secret of the fact he's a Cubs fan. So when he comes to the games, he can pay like everybody else--especially since he can afford it more than anybody else.

There aren't a lot of celebrity Sox fans, unfortunately. Or, fortunately--depending on how you look at it.

Geez is Billy Corgan gonna ask next?

At least Marty from Rock Star was there last week--he's a Southsider.

who cares? reinsdorf was right in not giving him tickets, not only because he's a bandwagon jumper but because these celebs can get them the same way everyone else does...

as far as i know the only true "celeb" sox fan is james denton, most recently from 'desperate housewives,' but i remember him as mr. lyle from 'the pretender'...