Best post on the Angels MLB boards.

NUKE_CLEVELAND

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 07:53 PM)
Yeah I don't blame Josh Paul either. It was one of those things where he honestly thought he made the catch.

Also look at Escobar. You have AJ running down to 1st and Escobar is watching him do so and the ball isn't that far from him. Erstad was there in case a throw was made (or at least relatively close). I think if I were a pitcher and saw AJ start running I'd have gotten out and started running towards the ball and at least given it a shot.

I just know your taught to continue playing until you know the inning is over. Whether that was clearly called or not, who knows.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
Tomorrows an off day and than on Friday the Sox are gonna have to come out and excecute and play good baseball. 

Come on White Sox...GO GO GO GO WHITE SOX....Chicago's proud of you :snr

For the most part they've played pretty well this series. Now...if we could string together some hits in an inning that'd be nice. Dye is killin me. PK needs to relax.

Hell...it's pretty sad when the meat of your order is your 7-8-9.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
This year is so special.  I want to take every chance I can to stick it to these motherf***ers.  To make em eat s*** for all the disrespect they gave us,  for all the snubs we got,  for all the bulls*** in the press about how we couldn't do this that and the other thing.

Feels good, doesn't it?

God I love this so much. EVERY f***in sportswriter and baseball analyst in America picks against the Sox because they make no sexy moves, except Rob Neyer who picks the Sox every year. f***in' Neyer then backs out after a month because they are playing Ozzieball instead of Moneyball, even considering we are in first place...so we have no one with our backs. f*** if the Sox care...they'll just shut all the critics the f*** up by putting up the best record in the MLB before the break. Still getting no respect. The Sox play .500+ baseball in the second half, which was obviously worse than the first half, but the Indians happen to get on a hot streak...like they did last year...and got within a game and a half. Everyone in America seemed to have "seen it coming", and there was even a Yahoo! poll that had the majority of people thinking the White Sox were going to lose the division to the Indians. The Sox pulled out, clinched in Detroit, and swept Cleveland to end the season in a series that meant virtually nothing for the White Sox and everything in the world for the Indians. In the offdays in between the start of the playoffs, those same writers and analysts that predicted the Sox to tank preseason are again talking up a f***ing storm saying how the Sox will lose again...everyones favorite KC homer Rob Neyer predicted Sawwwwwwwwwwx in 5 and Yanks 5, going for that horrible east coast matchup again that everyone got f***in sick to their stomachs of seeing in the regular season. Sox proved him wrong, and the Angels proved him wrong as well.

Nothing makes me happier than not only seeing the Sox in the ALCS, but to see them continue to prove all the doubters wrong. Part of me f***in' hates this though...the Sox are still getting no respect, and even if they were to win the World Series, it would be called a fluke. Why? Because the Sox are not a sexy team, they are the bad guys, and no one likes them.

That is one of the reasons why this is NOT f***in' "America's team." f***in' America isn't even backing them at the worst of times. f*** everyone else...it's Sox time baby. This is no one's team by Jerry Reinsdorf's, everyone in the White Sox organization, and every White Sox fan's team. You can root for the White Sox...but no way in hell will I want to be called America's team when America isn't even backing us.

In conclusion...f*** yeah I love this win. Sure it's a little wrong...but we are now the bad guys again, the underdogs again, the team everyone hates again...and I think that's why I'm a White Sox fan in the first place.

In an unrelated note...I think RATM has made me carazy. :lol:

QUOTE(Wanne @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
For the most part they've played pretty well this series.  Now...if we could string together some hits in an inning that'd be nice.  Dye is killin me.  PK needs to relax. 

Hell...it's pretty sad when the meat of your order is your 7-8-9.

? We've played like doody so far this series. Mark and Jose have been awesome but the defense hasn't been pretty, we couldn't get a bunt down in game 1 and we haven't been able to get any clutch hits obviously minus Joe. This team definitely isn't doing what has got them here so far but that's okay, the series is 1-1 and I think they'll be ready to go come friday.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
?  We've played like doody so far this series.  Mark and Jose have been awesome but the defense hasn't been pretty, we couldn't get a bunt down in game 1 and we haven't been able to get any clutch hits obviously minus Joe.  This team definitely isn't doing what has got them here so far but that's okay, the series is 1-1 and I think they'll be ready to go come friday.

Actually...I'd say this is basically EXACTLY what got us here.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Actually...I'd say this is basically EXACTLY what got us here.

Bad defense and not executing?? The pitching has been tremendous all year but we're not going to win this series if we keep making errors and mental mistakes. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining or anything cause I'm loving how we've managed to not play so well and be 1-1 in the series, I'm just saying that we're not playing up to our capabilities yet and when we do, watch out. :)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Bad defense and not executing??  The pitching has been tremendous all year but we're not going to win this series if we keep making errors and mental mistakes.  Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining or anything cause I'm loving how we've managed to not play so well and be 1-1 in the series, I'm just saying that we're not playing up to our capabilities yet and when we do, watch out. :)

Give some credit to Anaheim.

They're playing their asses off too. They are part of the reason we are not executing.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 11:02 PM)
Bad defense and not executing??  The pitching has been tremendous all year but we're not going to win this series if we keep making errors and mental mistakes.  Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining or anything cause I'm loving how we've managed to not play so well and be 1-1 in the series, I'm just saying that we're not playing up to our capabilities yet and when we do, watch out. :)

We've made mistakes on the basepaths and in the batters' box all season long. Our defense has taken a bit of a step backwards in the last 2 games (Crede :crying ), but we got here entirely because our pitching was so good it could overcome just about everything else in 99 games, and it's still doing it.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 12:06 AM)
Give some credit to Anaheim.

They're playing their asses off too.  They are part of the reason we are not executing.

Oh, I'm not taking anything away from them and they're a fantasic team but some of the things could have been done better, scotty not getting down a bunt is inexcusable, Joe's mental screwup last night in the field shouldn't happen(though he's definitely made up for that), Juan basically non chalanting a ball today that Jose Molina hit. The play where it was them just beating us was aarons bunt, they just had chone way in and aaron bunted it right to him and figgins made a solid play. The angels are a tremendous team but our team can definitely play better.