Start Time

kane0730

QUOTE(Be Good @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
For those who don't know all the games, are starting at 8. So St. Louis and Houston got the shaft, which is pretty suprising. When both Series are going on, which is Sat, Sun, and Wed the NLCS is on at 4.

I can understand it better this year with only one west coast team playing.

QUOTE(kane0730 @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)
Does anyone know when "first pitch" is for the next three games.  I know Fox's coverage starts at 7pm tonight, but I'm hoping to avoid their miserable pregame show if I can.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 04:03 PM)
I suspect after the extended pregame and the Timmy McCarver monologue and the extensive replays of the ball Josh Pall "dropped", MLB may allow the game to begin at about 10:30.

Yeah, little but true

QUOTE(Be Good @ Oct 14, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
For those who don't know all the games, are starting at 8. So St. Louis and Houston got the shaft, which is pretty suprising. When both Series are going on, which is Sat, Sun, and Wed the NLCS is on at 4.

Chicago and LA are bigger markets than Houston and St. Louis. Has anyone heard how the ratings have been? Not that it matters, but I'm curious.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 05:05 AM)
Chicago and LA are bigger markets than Houston and St. Louis.  Has anyone heard how the ratings have been?  Not that it matters, but I'm curious.

Game 2's ratings were down 10% vs last years game two, between... oh shoot, who were those two east coast teams???

USA Today:

Chicago White Sox  vs. L.A. Angels    Game begins at 8:15 PM ET 

This =

1:15 AM in London

7:15 PM in Chicago

5:15 PM in Los Angeles

That said, the Fox television networks always lie, first pitch has usually fallen to about 28 minutes after the hour. But I always fall for it and tune in early on the off chance they are telling the truth for once ... hasn't happened yet.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
according to ESPN news and the angles box office, the start time is now 4:35 pacific... thats 6:35 central.

this time is also now listed on the main chisox.com page.

It's 7:15 though it's listed as 6:30. The NLCS starts at 3:45 though it's listed at 3. Not sure why they have to start the games 45 minutes after the listed starting time.

QUOTE(hi8is @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 01:20 PM)
according to ESPN news and the angles box office, the start time is now 4:35 pacific... thats 6:35 central.

this time is also now listed on the main chisox.com page.

Yep, and it says 7:30 EDT (6:30 in chicago) at FOX Sports.

FOX sports now has tomorrows game starting at 3 pm CDT, MLB still shows it as 6:30 CST.

Poor Deploderer, all he's trying to find out is when the freaking game is on in London, and we can't even figure out when it's on in the US!

QUOTE(TLAK @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Yep, and it says 7:30 EDT (6:30 in chicago) at FOX Sports.

FOX sports now has tomorrows game starting at 3 pm CDT, MLB still shows it as 6:30 CST.

Poor Deploderer, all he's trying to find out is when the freaking game is on in London, and we can't even figure out when it's on in the US!

Lol thanks guys. Guess I'll watch it on MLB.com in the morning (my time) stated up late to watch yesterdays game and am completely nackered now.