WS Gms 4 and 5 at United Center

Allsox

CHICAGO -- The American League Champion Chicago White Sox have announced that World Series Games 4 and 5, being played Wednesday, October 26 and Thursday, October 27 in Houston, can be viewed by fans at the United Center, the home of the Chicago Bulls and Blackhawks.

Tickets for the World Series viewing party are $15, with proceeds being split equally among the official charities of the White Sox, Blackhawks and Bulls. Both games begin at 7:30 p.m. CDT, and gates to the United Center will open at 6:30. Seating will be general admission.

The event will feature the White Sox famous opening introductions, scoreboard video montages and all of the promotions fans would experience at a White Sox home game. It will be the closest thing to being at U.S. Cellular Field.

"The World Series is the pinnacle of this exciting White Sox baseball season, and we knew our fans would want to watch the games together in an energized stadium atmosphere," said White Sox vice president of marketing Brooks Boyer. "We anticipate the possibility of inclement weather, so we were thrilled to work out a partnership with the Blackhawks and Bulls that ultimately will end up supporting worthwhile causes. We think our fans will feel good about that."

Trying to convince the wife to go as I think this would be fun....Plus, I heard the UC's scoreboard is brand new too....

I think the idea is great, and of course it gives the TV stations a place to go. "let's see the reaction in Chicago". I worry that $15 to watch it may scare away too many people. If it wasn't available on free TV, $15 is a bargain. Add concession prices and it becomes an expensive way to watch the game.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 10:33 AM)
$15 a ticket doesn't bug me at all because it all is going to the teams charities.  I am going to have to think about going to one of them.

Yeah, me too. I don't think it would be that fun unless it was the clinching game.

I went to the UC for one of the away games during the NBA Finals. I think it was cheaper.. like $10. It wasn't sold out, but the atmosphere was incredible.

Even if there's only 6000 people, it'll be loud as hell and majorly electric. I can't imagine the roar after every strikeout by Contreras in Game 5.. and in the 8th and 9th innings, I'm sure everyone will stand up and going wild for every pitch. It'll be crazy!!! Sox fans are LOUD!

Edited by SouthSidePride05

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
When/where in Texas?

I PM'd you last night. Didn't get it?

Anyway, been talking to Kapkomet. The 3 of us should meet up...try to get tickets. I will be working in Corsicana (Hour south of Dallas) Wednesday through Friday. Would be willing to drive to Houston for game 4 and/or 5.

Still trying to get a hold of affordable tickets. SRO would suffice.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 21, 2005 -> 04:33 PM)
$15 a ticket doesn't bug me at all because it all is going to the teams charities.  I am going to have to think about going to one of them.

I'll probably head down to at least one as well... Perhaps a mini-Soxtalk meet-up?