From a fan of the carmine hose. . .

redsoxjamie

Last year, we got ours.

This year, you get yours.

I like the Astros. Their fans have been through a lot of pain, they have a lot of good players for whom this may be their only chance to win a world series. But it has been too long since the South Side of Chicago has seen a world series championship. I'm pulling for you.

Best of luck. This is YOUR time. Enjoy it, White Sox fans.

QUOTE(redsoxjamie @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 05:34 PM)
Last year, we got ours.

I like the Astros.  Their fans have been through a lot of pain, they have a lot of good players for whom this may be their only chance to win a world series.  But it has been too long since the South Side of Chicago has seen a world series championship.  I'm pulling for you.

Best of luck.  This is YOUR time.  Enjoy it, White Sox fans.

Thanks, man. Come by and post on this board more often.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 07:43 AM)
Hey girlfriend - don't take it personally.  Some of these guys are a little dense that way. :banghead

And thanks for the props.  I've been reading SoSH a bit recently and enjoy the (mostly) intelligent and sane discourse.

dense? in what regard? Jamie could be either a girl or a guy's name.

QUOTE(redsoxjamie @ Oct 22, 2005 -> 06:34 PM)
Last year, we got ours.

I like the Astros.  Their fans have been through a lot of pain, they have a lot of good players for whom this may be their only chance to win a world series.  But it has been too long since the South Side of Chicago has seen a world series championship.  I'm pulling for you.

Best of luck.  This is YOUR time.  Enjoy it, White Sox fans.

Hi there,

Thanks for the warm sentiments. Maybe you can answer a question for me. Assuming you're a member of the SoSH website, can you tell me why after I registered on that site a month or so ago, they would never let me post anything? I could read everything, but couldn't add any posts anywhere. It pisses me off, cause I still can't post there, and the admins won't return any of my questions. Wha' happened? :huh

QUOTE(Wong & Owens @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 10:43 AM)
Hi there,

Thanks for the warm sentiments.  Maybe you can answer a question for me.  Assuming you're a member of the SoSH website, can you tell me why after I registered on that site a month or so ago, they would never let me post anything?  I could read everything, but couldn't add any posts anywhere.  It pisses me off, cause I still can't post there, and the admins won't return any of my questions.  Wha' happened?  :huh

SoSH requires membership to post. When you registered, you registered for a lurker account--you have to be granted permission by the people who run the site to post. You have to submit an application--they really try to keep the signal to noise ratio down over there, and after Curt Schilling started posting there when he came to the Red Sox, the site got ridiculously bombarded with applications. I think there's still a waiting list of around 10,000 people waiting to be accepted to post.

It isn't a perfect system, as evidenced by yoru experience--it would be nice to have a few White Sox fans over there now to discuss the series. But if the site were completely open, it would be a gigantic mess.

dense?  in what regard?  Jamie could be either a girl or a guy's name.

It was in regard to Jamie having posted before here and already been through the gender drill. I was having a few yucks, too, since the same thing keeps happening to me here. No biggie Rex - we’re used to Bro and Dude and don’t take offense. Hope I didn’t offend YOU.

Good morning, White Sox fans. How does it feel? :-)

Congratulations again on an outstanding playoff run. Like I said in the first post of this thread. . . we got ours, it was time for you all to get yours. Damn, I'm jealous of you right now, because I know just how estatic you feel.

Enjoy it! You all are the 2005 World Champions, and no one can ever take that away from you.

Edited by redsoxjamie