Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 2

Heads22

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
Overconfident?

The only factor of this team I'm confident in is their terrible baserunning this game. Oh, and Buehlre giving up a hard hit ball down either the 1st/3rd base line with neither Konerko or Crede close to it.

If you lose, then don't beat yourself. Don't get picked off first base and second base within ONE inning.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
The only factor of this team I'm confident in is their terrible baserunning this game. Oh, and Buehlre giving up a hard hit ball down either the 1st/3rd base line with neither Konerko or Crede close to it.

With Buehrle on the mound, Crede should always be playing down the line. You also had to know base running would likely be below average tonight with Pettitte on the mound.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:04 AM)
i will actually be happy when "no" appetite is outta there.

Um, no! Pettitte is much, much, much more hittable than Lidge is. What's the Sox weakness at the plate all year? Oh yes, the slider from a rhp. Lidge has the best slider in baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 07:05 PM)
Um, no!  Pettitte is much, much, much more hittable than Lidge is.  What's the Sox weakness at the plate all year?  Oh yes, the slider from a rhp.  Lidge has the best slider in baseball.

hopefully he will hang a few of those tonite

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 08:04 PM)
i will actually be happy when "no" appetite is outta there.

I'll be happy when one of those 340 ft outs Crede and Dye hit find themselves within fair territory. Or when Konerko hits a ball out of the infield.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 02:06 AM)
I'll be happy when one of those 340 ft outs Crede and Dye hit find themselves within fair territory. Or when Konerko hits a ball out of the infield.

Yeah, but that's why Pettitte is so good. He cuts his fastball just enough to make it very hard to keep the ball fair.