Houston @ Sox - World Series Game 2

Heads22

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
His play was irrelevant.

Don't underestimate how quick that ball got into the outfield. He likely would have been safe, but it's still unexcusable the number of times that Pods can't pick up the ball cleanly in the outfield.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
Buehrle isn't a good match-up vs the Astros.  If you watch them play during the year, they struggle against overpowering stuff from righties.

I know. I was hoping he could trick em tonite, so much for that. I'd go to the bp next inning

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:48 AM)
LOL. Sizemore's D helped win us the division.

Yeah, what a piece of s*** for losing the ball in the sun. The funny thing is I remember Pods doing the same exact thing on a fly ball hit by Sizemore earlier in the year. Oh well though, that's an arugment for a different place at a different time.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:50 AM)
scouting reports.  math.  he is lining up where they tell em.  berkman is just an awesome player that can kiss my butt.  he hit a good pitch down & in with movement.

Scouting reports will also tell you not to throw Berkman low and in when batting righty. It was the same pitch he drilled vs Cotts last night. And Crede notoriously plays far off the line.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Oct 23, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
scouting reports.  math.  he is lining up where they tell em.  berkman is just an awesome player that can kiss my butt.  he hit a good pitch down & in with movement.

That was a changeup down the middle