Sox @ Houston - World Series Game 3

Heads22

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come our pitchers, when we have 2 strikes on a guy, can't get the next pitch anywhere near the plate? I understand you want to throw a ball, but you at least have to have it somewhere in the vicinity to have the hitter even think about swinging. Geeze, raise my blood pressure some more why don't they! go Sox!

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
I dunno. I think you just have Marte pitch until his arm falls off, he wins, or he loses.

yea, but you really don't want to concede a game, especially when you have used your entire bullpen trying to win it.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
will they bring in contereas/buehrle or marte?

Definitely Marte for awhile but it'd be Jose and not Buehrle later. Buehrle is on one days rest which I think is a day early for a side day. That said, its now Wednesday so you can be flexible!

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Oct 26, 2005 -> 05:25 AM)
Remember this peeps, Jenks is out for tomorrow. Dustin Hermanson is your closer. That is what these games do when there is no off day the next day

I must be in the minority, but in the World Series, you play to win the game that day, and worry about the next game tomorrow. We'll be ok with closer if needed.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:26 PM)
yea, but you really don't want to concede a game, especially when you have used your entire bullpen trying to win it.

If we're down 0-2 I agree. maybe even 1-1. But our advantage right now is our lead in this series. and the fact that we have our 4 best pitchers going to win 2 games. I don't think you want to mess with that no matter what.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
If Jenks was able to go 2 innings tonight, then against I ask the question:  why Hermanson over Jenks?  If Ozzie thought Hermanson had a better chance to get Lane out, then I guess I can't argue with just stupidity.

Tommorrow is immaterial......Garcia will give us a complete game (a shutout at that!)