OSWALT

bighurt2719

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 02:42 PM)
short guy...quick delivery...fastball in the mid-90's...kinda funny lookin'...in a general sort of way.

Roy's got a funky motion, against the cards he was mostly throwing fastballs, he's also got a damn good slow curveball. His fastball in the NLCS was reaching 97 a lot. He's a damn good pitcher(duh).

Also has a pretty damn good hook. However, the way he was pitching against St. Louis he didn't even have to throw his curve. His fastball is disgusting. It just jumps out of his hands and is clocked in the mid 90's and can get as high as 96-97.

He has had great command of it as well and when he's spotting it he doesn't even need to throw his curve much at all. His curve is a very slow curve as well, although he will ocassionally snap a harder one.

I should add, he's their best pitcher and this is going to be a very tough game.

Oswalt pitches like he can and there is a great shot the Astros get a W with Freddy than pitching game 4 for us in a hitters heaven, which isn't good for a fly ball pitcher like Freddy.

This is a big game, if the Sox take this they will be in excellent position, however, if the Astros take this they are prime to potentially tie this series up at 2. Of course Freddy will be going up against the Stro's weakest starter in Brandon Backe.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)
and a 20 game winner. His fastball is so solid, can throw it anywhere for strikes. And in case you didn't know, the white sox can't hit fastballs.

I was gonna say that...according to Harold Reynolds...who kept saying White Sock last night...what a dope.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
hes got a nasty fastball and big slow curve ball.  But last time i checked he lost 12 this year.  You can beat him.

He throws his fastball in on righties alot, as it cuts when he throws it. He falls off the mound to his left which adds to the movement. He picks up alot of strikeouts and jams alot of batters this way.

ESPN:

Pitching

With the amazing speed differential of his fastball and curve, Oswalt has long been expected to be among baseball's best pitchers. Last season, he seemed to put it all together, although a painful ribcage injury dogged him much of the year. Oswalt took cortisone and pain shots for the problem, never missed a start and won 12 of his last 14 decisions. He throws his imposing fastball at 96-97 MPH, then comes in with a curve in the 70s to strike hitters out, often making them look bad in the process. He also went to throwing his curve at different speeds last year, further confounding hitters. He improved his slider and used it more last season, and is developing a sneaky changeup.

Change Up

Rating: PLUS

Notes: Used Mostly Against Lhb

Four Seam

Velocity: GOOD

Movement: AVERAGE - PLUS

Notes: Can Reach Back In A Jam

Two Seam

Velocity: GOOD

Notes:

Curve

Velocity: EXCELLENT

Movement: PLUS

Notes: A Strsikeout Pitch; Late Breaking Delivery With Downer Rotation

Slider

Velocity: AVERAGE - PLUS

Notes: Mainly Uses This As A Back-door Pitch

Angle of delivery: High 3/4

Quick Arm. Throws Easy

DETAILS

Control: GOOD

Has Good Command Of The Four Pitches--especially The Fastball Which He Moves In And Out

Holding Base Runners: AVERAGE - PLUS

Fielding: GOOD

Wiry; Finishes Delivery With Good Follow-through

Competitiveness: GOOD

Tough

Intelligence: GOOD

is that good enough for ya?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 25, 2005 -> 08:43 PM)
Roy's got a funky motion, against the cards he was mostly throwing fastballs, he's also got a damn good slow curveball.  His fastball in the NLCS was reaching 97 a lot.  He's a damn good pitcher(duh).

the USA today sports section said he threw 90% fastballs to the cardinals...

which means if he shuts us down, harold raynolds can say, SEE, the white sox are NOT a good fastball hitting team haha...

he's a damn good pitcher, but if we wanna be the best we gotta beat the best. LETS f***ING GET HIM!

Is it going to hurt to say I have a good feeling about tonight? Oswalt is damn good, but he's not invincible or unbeatable. We can get to him, and hopefully will. My money for White Sox player to get a big hit off Oswalt goes on.... *drum roll*.... Kong. I may be wrong, and probably am, but if I end up right, just remember who called it ~_^

Edited by TheBigHurt