Kenny tells Terry Ryan (Twins GM)

sox-r-us

One of the congratulatory calls Williams received in the last week came from Minnesota Twins general manager Terry Ryan. The Twins had won the previous three American League Central titles before this season with players who were local heroes and national curiosities. Star-studded they weren't.

"I told Terry Ryan, 'Congratulations my [butt], you forced me to do this. I was tired of second place. We had to try to play your game,'" Williams recalled.

:lol:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

=====================

I am sure Terry must be thinking I had the right idea but could never get to the WS with it. And here is KW using it to his advantage.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
Well it's nice that they both had a laugh(I'm assuming Ryan got the joke from that). It's so true though. Kenny was forced to play the Terry Ryan game and beat him at it. Hopefully this continues until I die.

yeah it would be nice to string a few together, minnesota did a good job winning

(there should be a world series smilie)

:gosox1:

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
I know they will contend for the division again with us and the Indians...that's for sure

Those fockers are not going anywhere. Santana is freaking too good to let that happen.

Then there's Johan Santana Jr., known better by the name of Fransisco Liriano.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 04:27 AM)
Actually he is just a prospect right now lol and didnt really do anything great in the majors yet so lets hold off calling him Johan Santana jr.

I've heard him called that before, and I can see the validity in the comparisons. That said, I'd love that nickname to be proven wrong and for him to be a huge bust.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
He got roasted in a couple of his starts at the major league level.  BMac has shown more promise than him at the majors level so far IMO.  I read somewhere that they're believed to have similar value, potential, etc.

I agree, as McCarthy has similar stats to Jake Peavy, but with more control.

QUOTE(Frank the Tank 35 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 07:37 PM)
He got roasted in a couple of his starts at the major league level.  BMac has shown more promise than him at the majors level so far IMO.  I read somewhere that they're believed to have similar value, potential, etc.

I like Liriano long - term better than B-Mac. That's not to say I don't like Brandon McCarthy, Liriano's just got more wicked stuff than B-Mac, a 33/7 K/BB ratio in 6 games shows that. In 5 years in the minor leagues, he's only given up 27 HR's too.

Don't forget when it was his 1st jump up to the majors, B-Mac struggled mightily when he came up. Liriano's more raw, but he's got a higher ceiling, and I think with the way Minnesota's handles young pitches and with Santana there to help him, Liriano will be a real good one.

you all give the twinkies too much credit. clubs rise and fall, we all know this. i think the twins had their time in the sun and are on the downslope. the tribe are coming up; that's who we really have to worry about for next year.

the twins finished .500 this season. either they completely gave up at some point, or this is an indication of their team potential. i'm inclined to think it's the latter.

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 01:11 PM)
you all give the twinkies too much credit. clubs rise and fall, we all know this. i think the twins had their time in the sun and are on the downslope. the tribe are coming up; that's who we really have to worry about for next year.

the twins finished .500 this season. either they completely gave up at some point, or this is an indication of their team potential. i'm inclined to think it's the latter.

You also have to remember that injuries killed the Twins this year. They're not as bad as the record idicated.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
All I said was he had similar stats. I hope you're wrong about this though.

Why? Peavy only led the NL in era last year at what the age of 22.... Can B-Mac become good.. sure, but right now he is no where the stage that Peavy is in. Add in that Peavy has better "stuff"

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 01:18 PM)
You also have to remember that injuries killed the Twins this year.  They're not as bad as the record idicated.

Santana - Liriano - Radke - Silva - Baker along will allow this team to compete along. That's not even talking about their bullpen, either. They'll be right in the thick of things for most of the year.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Santana - Liriano - Radke - Silva - Baker along will allow this team to compete along.  That's not even talking about their bullpen, either.  They'll be right in the thick of things for most of the year.

no one is questioning their pitching....... its their beyond pathetic offense......

Is Joe Nathan a f/a this year or next?

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 30, 2005 -> 12:41 AM)
I know they will contend for the division again with us and the Indians...that's for sure

Those fockers are not going anywhere. Santana is freaking too good to let that happen.

I wonder how weak the pundits will think the AL central is going to be next year.

:D