**2005-06 High School Basketball thread**

Brian

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In an extremely hard-fought contest which saw many lead changes, Reavis was able to come away with a victory on a last second jumper by Mark Kowalewski in overtime. This followed a St. Laurence three pointer by Robert Knapczyk with six seconds that tied the score at 47. Reavis was led by Julian Ibarra(16 pts.). Kowalewski added 14 points for Reavis. Michael Johnstone led the Viking effort with 16 points. Knapczyk's key three pointer gave him 14 points for the night. Reavis advances to the Regional final Friday versus Richards.

Half of his foot was over the line... was bulls***... then again if reavis boxed out on the free throw it would not have come down to it. The final seven minutes ( last two of the fourth and over time) were just fun as f***ing hell.

Cannot wait until friday when yelder dunks all over reavis... :crying

Edited by q\/\/3r+y

Hales Franciscan won't get the chance to try to reclaim the Class A State title. Herscher pulled off a one-point upset at the final buzzer to send the Spartans home for the season. The whole contest was a close, quick-paced game. Hales' Jerome Randle hit two FT's with 8.9 sec left to put the Spartans on top 60 to 59. Herscher tossed the ball down the court with less than 3 seconds to go. Herscher senior Andrew Denault fired off a 12 foot roller that caromed off the board and through the hoop for the winning bucket. Dustin Rennewanz led Herscher in points with 22. Rob Winnicki scored 16, and Andrew Denault added 15, including the decisive bucket. Jerome Randle led Hales with 19 points. Darrian McKinstry and Kevin Hicks each tallied 11.

another recap from ihsa.org

Never heard of Herscher High School.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
On Tues, Scheyer only had 7 pts in their win over Lake Zurich. Didn't score til the 4th quarter.

How many minutes did he play before hand? I have been looking... but i doubt he played much if any before the fourth... why risk injury when they were clearly gonna win anyway?

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 10:53 PM)
Half of his foot was over the line... was bulls***... then again if reavis boxed out on the free throw it would not have come down to it. The final seven minutes ( last two of the fourth and over time) were just fun as f***ing hell.

Cannot wait until friday when yelder dunks all over reavis... :crying

That sucks man, sorry. Your right though, Yelder is obnoxious, I'm not sure how the hell NIU managed to steal him but I can't wait to see him in DeKalb next winter.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
That sucks man, sorry.  Your right though, Yelder is obnoxious, I'm not sure how the hell NIU managed to steal him but I can't wait to see him in DeKalb next winter.

I have seen plenty of him and he seems pretty damn underated. He scored 33 on tuesday while dunking four or five times and knocking down some treys. I like his dribbles, he is fast, and not a bad penetrater for his size. He seems a little lazy defensively at times but i think that can be improved upon... think he just goes too hard offensively at this

I enjoy watching him play... just hope he is awful on friday.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 1, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
How many minutes did he play before hand? I have been looking... but i doubt he played much if any before the fourth... why risk injury when they were clearly gonna win anyway?

Probably the whole game. It was close for the most part.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Probably the whole game. It was close for the most part.

It was close the first two quarters. Then througout the third and fourth they had at least a ten point lead. I just find it hard to believe that lake zurich would hold him scoreless for three quarters.

QUOTE(q\/\/3r+y @ Mar 2, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
I have seen plenty of him and he seems pretty damn underated. He scored 33 on tuesday while dunking four or five times and knocking down some treys. I like his dribbles, he is fast, and not a bad penetrater for his size. He seems a little lazy defensively at times but i think that can be improved upon... think he just goes too hard offensively at this

I enjoy watching him play... just hope he is awful on friday.

Richards 51

Reavis 48

Yelder with 17. Sounds like it was a great game.

All the big names are still alive, the upsets should start flying in the sectionals though. GBN is looking good so far with a total destruction of Jacobs, which means nothing, but still from what I heard they played well.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 4, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
We (Valpo) won sectionals tonight. I got to storm the court, it was a great time. Our student section was much bigger than Chestertons, and the game was at Chesterton. Good times.

Ahh don't you guys have Robbie Hummel? Methinks he will end up at Duke.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 5, 2006 -> 01:32 AM)
Ahh don't you guys have Robbie Hummel?  Methinks he will end up at Duke.

Oh yeah! Last night he finally broke out of his second half of the season slump with 22 points and 8 rebounds. Robbie is one of the nicest kids you will ever meet, and I really hope he goes to Duke because that has been his goal. I think when Coach K meets him, he will want him on his team. One day earlier this year, I'm in one of his classes, and he got letters from Duke, UConn, and UNC all in the same hour. And to top it off, he is not cocky or conceeded at all.

Scott Martin is also very good. This year he has gotten more of the glory because he has been a big scorer, but Hummel's potential is through the roof. I can't wait until regionals next Saturday, my friends and I are going to get there at the crack of dawn to get front row seats.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 6, 2006 -> 10:46 AM)
GBN vs. Stevenson on Tuesday is intriguing. Stevenson can come out and shock some people if they are overlooked.

Or not- 46-33 GBN. Pretty close and low scoring game. Scheyer held to 10 points but had 6 assists, 4 starters in double figures for GBN including a double double from Zach Kelly.

QUOTE(danman31 @ Mar 7, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
Or not- 46-33 GBN. Pretty close and low scoring game. Scheyer held to 10 points but had 6 assists, 4 starters in double figures for GBN including a double double from Zach Kelly.

Morrison for Stevenson only had 2. May have been the difference.

Johnsburg beat Grayslake tonight to advance to face Warren Friday night in the sectional final. Johnsburg is now 29-0. A little better than I thought but Warren by far will be the best team they see al year thus far.