Review of World Series DVD

Al Lopez Ghost (old)

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 10:21 AM)
IS THAT IT!!?!?!?!?!

Is that the one we've been waiting for.

Oh gosh.  Heart racing.  Panting.

It's not exactly what we wanted, the DVD comming out in March is only the 4 world series games. It doesn't include any of the other 8 playoff games like the Red Sox and Yankees DVDs did.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
It's not exactly what we wanted, the DVD comming out in March is only the 4 world series games. It doesn't include any of the other 8 playoff games like the Red Sox and Yankees DVDs did.

Ah, gottcha. Well...we're getting closer. :D

This is a start. I gotta pace myself.

QUOTE(SnB @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 11:28 AM)
i'm going to buy every DVD that comes out anyways, :lol:

My understanding is the set coming out in March will have the complete games of all 3 series.

Boston didn't include the Anaheim series last year because the ALCS went 7 and there was little drama in the ALDS.

When MLB offered the complete Boston set, they were hoping to sell 1,500 because of the cost. At last count they have sold 65,000 of them

QUOTE(Fenway @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
My understanding is the set coming out in March will have the complete games of all 3 series.

Boston didn't include the Anaheim series last year because the ALCS went 7 and there was little drama in the ALDS.

Where'd you here this?

It would make sense though. We only played 12 playoff games. The ALCS and World Series games for the Red Sox amounted to 11. All they'd have to do is add 1 more game to the package to include all 3 series. Anyways, if this is true, this thing will be in my hands the day it comes out.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 11:48 AM)
Where'd you here this?

It would make sense though.  We only played 12 playoff games.  The ALCS and World Series games for the Red Sox amounted to 11.  All they'd have to do is add 1 more game to the package to include all 3 series.  Anyways, if this is true, this thing will be in my hands the day it comes out.

friend works at A&E which puts the sets together.

this is another sure sign North will have a prominent role in the station's coverage of the Sox next year

:headshake

With Rooney on his way out, did we win that WS just in the nick of time or what?

(I know he's not gonna be the broadcaster, just saying that it doesn't help any.)

And yeah, I want the playoffs too. With different announcers. I figure, as long as I'm dreaming...

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Where'd you here this?

It would make sense though.  We only played 12 playoff games.  The ALCS and World Series games for the Red Sox amounted to 11.  All they'd have to do is add 1 more game to the package to include all 3 series.  Anyways, if this is true, this thing will be in my hands the day it comes out.

We only played 11 playoff games. I should know. :D

Edit: I'm a dumbass. Been wanting to link that for a while, a little overeager.

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Here's the link to the Chicago Tribune article.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...ack=1&cset=true

May I say that I will be anxiously awaiting the DVD. I , like all the other great Sox fans, wanty a DVD with every game of the chamionship series and World Series. I can only pray that these commercializing SOB's don't play with our emotions. My credit card is ready folks.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
May I say that I will be anxiously awaiting the DVD. I , like all the other great Sox fans, wanty a DVD with every game of the chamionship series and World Series. I can only pray that these commercializing SOB's don't play with our emotions. My credit card is ready folks.

more on the DVD

• A ride to U.S. Cellular Field with catcher A.J. Pierzynski before Game 2 of the series

• Breakfast with Geoff Blum the morning after his dramatic walk-off home run in Game 3

• 2005 World Series Trophy presentation

• TWIB Classic: Former White Sox shortstop Ozzie Guillen fooled by the hidden ball trick twice

• Footage of the White Sox clubhouse celebration following the World Series victory

• A collection of exclusive interviews with various writers, players and coaches

• 1959 World Series Game 1 highlights

"One of the biggest differences this year from other years is we had players like outfielder Aaron Rowand wearing in-game wireless mikes," said Check. "Rowand wore one for Game 2, as did [White Sox manager] Ozzie Guillen. Ozzie became the first manager since 1984 to wear a wireless mike in a World Series game. Gaining access to these individuals and hearing what is going on in their minds as the games develop, gives the viewer a very unique perspective to the likes of which has rarely been seen."

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cws