WS DVD World Premiere

AddisonStSox

Amongst about 100 White Sox fans, corporate sponsors, and MLB officials, Joe Crede and Aaron Rowand watched the world premiere of the World Series DVD put out by MLB. After giving a real short word of thanks, the two sat in the same row as I on the other side of the aisle. The two stooges were in rare form. Before the DVD started, Aaron was tossing popcorn in Crede's hair and screwing around...the chemistry was pretty obvious.

The DVD was fantastic. You guys are really going to love it. I'm not going to give much away, but, let me just say the mic'ed players and other fantastic footage had me laughing throughout. It was really well done. We got to see a side of our team we only thought about on the surface. I caught myself glancing over at Joe and Aaron more and more as the DVD went on, just to watch their reaction to the amazing feats they were witnessing...the feats they made possible. Ranging from hysterics to holding back tears, I found their reactions to be just as enjoyable as the show...in fact, it was pretty dang cool watching this for the first time with two guys from the team in the audience.

Afterwards, I snagged Aaron for a picture (which I'll be scanning later along with the ticket stub), and found two seconds to congratulate Joe on the year.

Your boy came through Soxtalk; I thanked Rally Crede for being Rally Crede:

Addison: On the internet, Soxtalk.com, we called you the Rally Crede, you were our guy.

Crede: Well, thanks. I'm honored.

It's sunk in, Soxtalk. We are World Champions.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 10:59 PM)
Your boy came through Soxtalk; I thanked Rally Crede for being Rally Crede:

Addison: On the internet, Soxtalk.com, we called you the Rally Crede, you were our guy.

Crede: Well, thanks.  I'm honored.

It's sunk in, Soxtalk.  We are World Champions.

What a night for you. Can't wait to see it on Comcast on Thursday!

By the way, if Joe somehow decides to check out the site, lets hope he doesn't check out what was being said about him earlier in the year.

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
What a night for you.  Can't wait to see it on Comcast on Thursday!

By the way, if Joe somehow decides to check out the site, lets hope he doesn't check out what was being said about him earlier in the year.

and if u cant see it thurday they will rerun it on dec.2nd...i unfortunately dont get to see it thursday cuz i will be at my aunts :crying ...thank god for reruns

QUOTE(rowandschick33 @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
and if u cant see it thurday they will rerun it on dec.2nd...i unfortunately dont get to see it thursday cuz i will be at my aunts :crying ...thank god for reruns

No VHS, DVD recorder or TiVo?

I'll be at my in-laws, but my VCR will be home, doing me a LARGE favor!

I can't wait to see this, and then buy it!

MORE cash flying away!! DAMN them for winning the World Series!!!

:headbang

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
How did you get tix to this event?

Business connections through Sony and MLB productions

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
What was the crowd like? Were people cheering throughout the film?

The crowd was mostly professionals, but, there were scattered "fans" here and there with jerseys, hats, flags and such. Throughout the video, the crowd was actually yelling and cheering whenever Joe or Aaron made a play; it wasn't anything like a real movie premiere. There were hoots and hollars throughout...it was very cool to be apart of.