PET OWNERS! HELP!

kapkomet

For pet owners only (dog and cat):

Background:

I'm in an MBA marketing class right now and we designed a survey for pet owners.

PLEASE help me out by filling out this survey... and please fill out all questions. This is completely anonymous, and believe it or not, all questions are relevant for our product.

I would really appreciate this if as many of you pet owners fill this out as you can.

Thanks for your help!

Link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey-...=WEB224U2YDPUXB

Kap

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a siberian husky and that breed is notorious for being escape artists. I'd have to take off my shoes and socks to count the number of times he's gotten out. I think the people at the humane society are starting to know me by name.

The last time he got out I found the door of his kennel pushed IN so I think he's getting a little "help" from an asshole neighbor. That only dropped my fine to $50 when I had to go to court because of it...

Anyway, this product might help if I could be sure that it would actually stay on him. I've gone through a dozen or so collar because he keeps breaking them. I finally had to put a chain with a padlock around his neck and haven't had any problems.

Edited by Iwritecode

Like I said in the email, I don't need a computer to tell me that two of my cats are within 5 feet of my wife right now, and the other two are sleeping in either the front room, or the spare bedroom aka the cats room.

But I could see how for outdoor cats and dogs in general this could be a cool idea.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
:lol:

Good question.  When we find out whether the product flies or not?  :lolhitting

It's an interesting idea... and a little different then the "chip".

Instead of being on soxtalk, you could be looking at "where's Fido" online.  :)

While I wouldn't need / use it for my current dog, it's a very good idea. This would work like a GPS then? I thought the chip was different in that it doesn't "track" your dog, but once your dog is found, they can then identify it.

PS, I now own www.wheresfido.com

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
Like I said in the email, I don't need a computer to tell me that two of my cats are within 5 feet of my wife right now, and the other two are sleeping in either the front room, or the spare bedroom aka the cats room.

But I could see how for outdoor cats and dogs in general this could be a cool idea.

See, I think your cats are exactly what this is for. Indoor cats, having never been outside, take off as soon as they get that chance. Wait until your little one thinks it's funny to let the cats out the front door.

QUOTE(mreye @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 11:45 AM)
While I wouldn't need / use it for my current dog, it's a very good idea. This would work like a GPS then? I thought the chip was different in that it doesn't "track" your dog, but once your dog is found, they can then identify it.

PS, I now own www.wheresfido.com

That's exactly what the chip does. It also replaces (in a sense) the tags that dogs are supposed to have but inevitably lose between your yard and the pound.

Edited by Iwritecode

For pet owners only (dog and cat):

Background:

I'm in an MBA marketing class right now and we designed a survey for pet owners.

PLEASE help me out by filling out this survey... and please fill out all questions. This is completely anonymous, and believe it or not, all questions are relevant for our product.

I would really appreciate this if as many of you pet owners fill this out as you can.

Thanks for your help!

Link:

http://www.zoomerang.com/recipient/survey-...=WEB224U2YDPUXB

We have a miniature Schnauzer who is a runner - very frustrating would love something like this!!!!!

Good luck ! Hope to see the product - maybe a post here if the product flies.

I filled it out becausew of my dog. She ran away once but luckily, we found her down the block chilling in front of Walgreens. Supposedly, our type of dog is a runner but we only had 1 experience, luckily. Now she has her "outside" routine. This seems like cool product. Keep us posted kap.

sounds like a good idea...I would be interested since I live downtown and there are so many places the dog could go...also I know that if the lil guy ever got away my gf would probably collapse and no longer function...the dog is like her baby

I have a suggestion. How about a comfortable ankle or leg brace that snaps on permanently. Like the kind that are placed on birds. You can place it on both a cat's and dog's front leg/ankle. You may have to wait for them to be full grown, but the collar would need this to be as well. I have an issue with collars because they can come off very easily on trees or fences and then you would no longer be tracking your pet. To have a collar that does not easily come off could harm your pet even more if they get caught on a fence or tree as they could strangle themselves. Just my two cents.

I don't understand what is wrong with the microchip? Why not just use that? It is not that expensive either. Where is the improvement over that?

Edited by southsideirish

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
I have a rotty, he seldom ventures far from the house, but if he does I can just follow the trails of screams in the nieghborhood as the suburbanites scurry away from him and hide in their mini vans.

I live in the burbs and I love rottys. They are sweet dogs. Unfortunately some assholed tend to buy them for the wrong reasons and raise them wrong, but that is no the norm. I would definitely not be screaming or scurring and hiding in my own mini van. I am the proud owner of a boxer. I love all dogs, but the boxer breed is my absolute favorite. I will never own another breed again.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
I don't understand what is wrong with the microchip? Why not just use that? It is not that expensive either.  Where is the improvement over that?

The microchip can only be "read" by vets and the humane society and only gives information like your name and address. If your neighbor up the road found your dog with no tags and decided to keep him, you'd never know.

From what I understand, this invention would allow you to check a website and find out exactly where your dog is at. Assuming the tracking device is still on.

QUOTE(Iwritecode @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
The microchip can only be "read" by vets and the humane society and only gives information like your name and address. If your neighbor up the road found your dog with no tags and decided to keep him, you'd never know.

From what I understand, this invention would allow you to check a website and find out exactly where your dog is at. Assuming the tracking device is still on.

OK, then improve on a product that is already out there. It should not be hard to take that microchip and make it something that you can track and check a website to find out exactly where your dog is at. The collar is just not a good idea in my opinion. I think most experienced pet (both cat and dog) owners would back me up on that. The collars can come off easily and be lost and you would have paid for nothing. Plus in some instances you would rather have the collar come of than have your pet strangled to death. Either way a collar is not the best place for a tracking device.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
OK, then improve on a product that is already out there. It should not be hard to take that microchip and make it something that you can track and check a website to find out exactly where your dog is at. The collar is just not a good idea in my opinion. I think most experienced pet (both cat and dog) owners would back me up on that. The collars can come off easily and be lost and you would have paid for nothing. Plus in some instances you would rather have the collar come of than have your pet strangled to death. Either way a collar is not the best place for a tracking device.

From a marketing standpoint, the collar is a thousand times better. I would never take my dog into a vet to have a chip surgically implanted, but I would buy a simple collar for her. I don't need either of them, but if the cost was reasonable I may buy one just for the novelty of it.