Dear Life,

Cerbaho-WG

Finals week is stressful for any college student, but I think I may have it worse than a lot of other people. Let me explain...

I was driving home with a friend getting some food last night. I was kind of stressed out because of finals and the joy of group projects, but I was feeling happy. So I start to drive home and then Murphy's Law starts to take effect. Some dumb freshman are exiting a firelane and think that their left is free because a line of cars waiting at the light gave them an opening. These freshman fail to realize their is a left hand turning lane, which I happen to be going in at about 25 MPH. They pull out and nail me head on, direct f***ing center. I hit them and then black out for about 1 second and come back to reality after the airbags have deployed. I check on my buddy and he's fine, thank God, and I stumble out of the car to survey the damage. My truck is totaled. The dumb pieces of s*** in the van, except for the driver, don't think this is too bad. As I mutter to myself saying how I don't have a car, a freshman says, "Yeah, well her car is pretty bad too." If I didn't bruise both my wrists and hands, I would have balled up a fist and punched this son of a b****. This kid is joking the entire time and just laughs it up. Meanwhile I feel like I've been hit by a van, because I just f***ing was.

The police arrive, as well as my brother who just so happens to be a police officer on campus. They do the neccessary s*** and detail everything. Thankfully there was a witness to the entire thing and backs me up saying it was completely their fault. I can't go to the emergency room because I have to be at class at 11 and then have a 25 minute presentation at 230. I'm sore, I'm pretty sure something is wrong with my left ring finger and my mind is still cloudy.

Perfect timing, f***.

At least there is something to laugh at. My CD player, laying on the floormat of the passenger side, miraculously doesn't break during the crash (and my Sufjan Stevens CD kept playing!) and my buddy handed it to my brother to put into his car. Of course he then drops it on the pavement, thus breaking it. My brother broke something a car crash couldn't, I guess that means he's pretty powerful and stuff.

Now if you excuse me, I have a presentation to give.

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

Wow Cerb.. I know it's a cliche.. but at least you weren't seriously injured. Hopefully the driver (or their parents) have good insurance. Be sure to keep track of any pain in your hand. If there is serious injury, or permanent, you'll need a record of it.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 01:23 PM)
So was that a CRASH course you had to get to???

....sorry..... :)

Hope you're okay and that there's no serious damage to your hand/wrist.

Seriously, a man needs to have working hands. Especially if single. :ph34r:

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 12:11 PM)
I have a friend that got hit on 17th, on his way to the Duke game.  Luckily he came out of it A LOT better than they expected.

I hit the back end of a pickup truck with a Chevy Lumina. I swerved just before I hit it so basically the front drivers side went underneath the bed of the truck. It ended up crushing the corner of the roof where I was sitting and the part of the frame that runs up along the side of the windshield.

They towed it to a body shop so the adjuster could determine that it was totaled. When I went to get my stereo out of it (I was not letting that go with the car) the guys at the body shop just looked at me and said "You walked away from this!?"

Just had a few scratches on my face...

Glad to see you’re alright, man. Sounds like you’ve been having/had one helluva day but hopefully everything gets better for you.

BTW, I must tell you that your post is very reminiscent. And that most of your posts are. You're a good poster.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 11:07 AM)
IU Bloomington

Where'd it happen? (i.e. streets?) I always hated driving around Bloomington...so many idiots who just don't pay attention while driving.

What're you majoring in & what sort of classes are you wrapping up this semester?

Cerb, I got hit on the 19th of Nov. Some lady couldn't figure out that a red light means stop & instead thought it meant plow into traffic. She admitted it was her fault -- my car's target date to have it fixed according to the body shop is Dec. 23 -- the lady who hit me's insurance is paying for it all. Nailed the back of my car and caused damage that costs about half what I purchased the new car for just a few months before.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 04:07 PM)
Where'd it happen?  (i.e. streets?)  I always hated driving around Bloomington...so many idiots who just don't pay attention while driving. 

What're you majoring in & what sort of classes are you wrapping up this semester?

10th and Jordan, where Wright and the library are.

I'm a triple major in Economics, German, and International Studies, so I'm taking those classes :)

Edited by Cerbaho-WG

s***ty s***ty story Mike. Makes the cold I'm suffering for during crunch time seem minimal.

Good to hear your alright and hopefully that presentation went well (if you could even think). I do think you got a viable excuse (teach my ears are ringing from having my car totaled).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 05:33 PM)
s***ty s***ty story Mike.  Makes the cold I'm suffering for during crunch time seem minimal. 

Good to hear your alright and hopefully that presentation went well (if you could even think).  I do think you got a viable excuse (teach my ears are ringing from having my car totaled).

The presentation got delayed because of technical problems. So now my Thursday looks like this:

1115-1230 Final

230-345 Presentation

700-900 Final

FUN

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Dec 6, 2005 -> 06:32 PM)
The dumb girl who hit me is apparently trying to claim she wasn't at fault.

UGHHHHH

Be ready for a call from her insurance company trying to get you on record as not having any pain from crash-related injuries.

I got rear-ended hard by a lady several years ago, and it was completely her fault and she didn't try to fght it. But her insurance company called me up at like 7 am the next day (on Saturday) while I was still half-asleep and grilled me about any pain I was feeling. Like an idiot i said that I felt fine, only to find my neck and back in a world of pain a few hours later, once my muscles finally registered the impact trauma. I was sore as hell for a couple of days, but luckily no lingering effects.

Glad to hear you're mostly alright.

My last traffic accident was back in 2000 like 2 days before Christmas. I was driving northbound on Pulaski near Daley College bringing my mom home from shopping somewhere when some retard in an SUV makes a left turn with no regard at all for oncoming traffic and plows into my front end. Idiot drivers are everywhere!!!

I was fine afterward but my car was totaled and my mom got her ankle broken. My parents sued and won 50 grand but her ankle is still messed up to this day.

That was one hell of a way to spend Christmas let me tell ya.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND